1.    #1  
    Does anyone here have troubles using the keyboard on any of the Treos? I was playing with a 650 at the best buy today and I worry that if I do buy a 680 that I'll find the keyboard frustrating. I found it hard to hit the button i was wanting to... but I couldnt tell if I was hitting the right one because the screen wasn't functioning.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Not for me. Like any new keyboard it takes time to get used to it.
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Depends what you are used to - I have a 650 for a long time, now I use a e61, I tried a treo 750 last week and couldn't get use to it, the keys all felt pushed together...
    no.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I think the keyboard is defected. Try another treo to compare. For me, treo keyboard is better compared to E61/62.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynet View Post
    I think the keyboard is defected. Try another treo to compare. For me, treo keyboard is better compared to E61/62.
    i actually tried them at a couple different stores, and found them all to be the same...
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    no comment then ).. or maybe treo's keyboard not suitable for your finger..
    I think most people will get used to it pretty easily.
    It all depends on what your use to. I solely used fatfinger on my Ky 7135 and it was extremely easy to use after a month. When I got a T600 it was tricky for the first month then seemed 2nd nature thereafter. I noticed my 15 year old types crazy fast with T9 on her non-PDA phone and we had a typing race in which we tied. I have a friend who used a butterfly KB and swears by it. I type just as fast on my 700wx compared to pecking on my laptop.

Its all about whatever your use to.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    It all depends on what your use to. I solely used fatfinger on my Ky 7135 and it was extremely easy to use after a month. When I got a T600 it was tricky for the first month then seemed 2nd nature thereafter. I noticed my 15 year old types crazy fast with T9 on her non-PDA phone and we had a typing race in which we tied. I have a friend who used a butterfly KB and swears by it. I type just as fast on my 700wx compared to pecking on my laptop.

Its all about whatever your use to.
    what is a butterfly kb?
    You mostly use the nails of thumbs, unless you have really thin fingers. I find it relatively easy to use but sometimes is slips and hits other keys. But I find it to be one of the more pleasureable experiences compared to the nokia e70 and the htc tytn for its relative size. I think palm really has a corner on one of the best qwerty keyboards ever.
    it not hard for me to use which i can do it one handed
    I find it comfortable, but I do have small hands. It is very easy to use one handed when I am sitting at a stop light sending text messages. *grin*
    "We must all fear evil men, but there is an evil we must fear most. And that is the indifference of good men." -- The Boondock Saints.
    I have large fingers and at first I found the keyboard impossibly small and cluttered but after a week or so I was running the thing like Jim Carey runs the remote control in Cable Guy.
    The treos keyboards are great, it just takes a while to get used to one.

I had a 600 / 650 and got on great with the keyboard, then jumped ship to a KJAM and that has a huge keyboard in comparison, after using that for a year and then coming back to a 750v i had trouble in the first day or so and the memories of the beloved 600 650 came to me. But after that it all comes back. It was like riding a bike.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I have very fat fingers and thumbs and find it easy.

Only issue is a coupel of mis-placed keys IMHO... The top right corner is "P", and that's where I reach by default for backspace. Also the temptation to hit "shift" to select the character on a particular kay, when in fact you should hit "option". In addition, I would like a back-slash key (there is a forward slash) - it is useful for entering server names, folder paths etc.
    i found that most people try to mash the keys wtih the flat part of their thumb. You really have to outside edge of your thumb instead to be most efficient.