Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I currently have a Treo 650 GSM and will be getting a Sprint 700p very soon.

If you all would be so kind as to point me to some good threads and/or provide your experiences in moving to a new device it would be much appreciated.

Yes, I have searched. I still haven't been able to locate any good process or what steps to take to move my apps and data over. I know not to just sync my new device, but I must keep my same Sync ID due to software registrations.

Here are a few of my questions?
    Do I uninstall Palm Desktop and my conduits and start from scratch?
    Is is safe to move my call log and messaging databases over?
    Any other "gotchas" i should look out for?
    http://wiki.treocentral.com/index.ph...er_Models_Treo

There is no need to uninstall old Palm desktop IMO, just reinstall it.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I saw that on the wiki, but the instructions say to create a different Sync ID and if I do that I will loose some software registrations. But I worry that if I keep the same ID for my new device that something will get copied over that shouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtndew View Post
    I saw that on the wiki, but the instructions say to create a different Sync ID and if I do that I will loose some software registrations. But I worry that if I keep the same ID for my new device that something will get copied over that shouldn't.
    Umm in that case back up or rename your original folder. You know what rename/backup your whole PalmOne folder before you try anything. Either way you won't be able to sync your old phone again, unless you install the Palm Desktop in a different partition.
    Sync your 650.

Copy the Program Files/Palm/Backups/username folder to somewhere else on your hard drive.

Uninstall Palm Desktop (You shouldn't have to, but I had to. The new software should install over the old, but like I say, mine wouldn't work)

Install new software from 700 (Palm Desktop)

Sync your new 700 and give it the same username as your old 650. (You won't be able to sync you old 650 any more)

Then, add the software you want and re-enter the reg codes. You can install anything you want from the backup copy of the 650 but it is best to get the latest versions. It is much better to install fresh and not sync in the old stuff.

Install LudasP as you will want this if you had the 650.

Have fun with your 700.