1.    #1  
    so i have the 700wx cause i wanted wifi support so i figured i was just sacrificing screen res and i wouild have windows OS vs palm. wrongggg! i just found out i cant send picture mail. so for me to do it i have to install a hacked prog. i dont think i will be using the wifi anyway. i dont want to spend 100 bucks for a card to eat my battery.

can anyone please tell me the pros and cons of the 700p vs 650wx. i was under the impression that they are the same except for screen res, the OS, and wifi support.

things are starting to seem to me that the 700p is just all out better other than lack of wifi support.

so what do you guys really think? should i swap out the wx for the p? i honestly dont know enough about either right now apparently.
    you have to decide if you want WM5 or POS. I prefer WM5 and I actually won't go back to POS (I've used PPCs and Palm OS devices for 8 years or so now). I had the Treo 650 and I just didn't like how limited the OS was.
  3.    #3  
    not to mention i saw the hack for 700p where you can use phone as modem. thats pretty tight. i dunno, i just need to install the unofficial picture software. but what are some key differences? like

700p better res, has built in picture mail, has crazy multimedia support, and uses POS.
    700wx has wifi support and uses WM.

is there anything else i should know?
    Last edited by iLLa; 10/22/2006 at 01:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by iLLa View Post
    not to mention i saw the hack for 700p where you can use phone as modem. thats pretty tight. i dunno, i just need to install the unofficial picture software. but what are some key differences? like

700p better res, has built in picture mail, has crazy multimedia support, and uses POS.
    700wx has wifi support and uses WM.

is there anything else i should know?
    A lot more. I think you either need to do more research, or just go back to the POS if you really want picture messaging. Although that program does allow MMS on hte 700wx.
    You should read the 700p forum. I think the users are not very happy.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I love my 700P
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindan View Post
    I love my 700P
    I do not have one, so I can't say, but from reading the forum, it sounds like lots of people are frustrated by lack of support (in the form of bug fixes via new firmware).

Maybe you don't use the function(s) that cause(s) the problem(s).
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Multitasking is a HUGE consideration. When I had my POS, it thought....ya, it would be nice but not a necesity.....now I will not live without it. This factor alone would be a deciding issue for me. When and if Palm has another OS release, that will be one of the first things I will be looking at.

Another question is email access. Do you have a email server at work with MS Exchange SP 2? If so, push email is something to think about.

Your current software library can be expensive to change if you have a lot of money invested in POS only programs. A lot of companies will give you a WM version if you purchased it recently and wrote them explaining you just changed OS. Or they will often give an WM version for very cheap......but worth checking before hand.
    After going to WM5 (Cingular 8125) I'd gladly go back to PalmOS if my company would let me. (Since they pay the bill I run what they want me to, and I appreciate that.) I liked PalmOS much more, and quite honestly had less quirky problems with it. (That's not to say I had less problems, but the ones I did were simplier in nature and easier to resolve.)
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
  10.    #10  
    i have not paid any money for any software yet. i have only bought accessories like a case, screen protector, and sd card.

all i have really been doing is looking at free software solutions for everything first. i havent installed any apps yet, but im about to install the picturemail one.