Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    I agree, frozencode. I am waiting for the next platform os before upgrading again. Palm os is a dead issue.
    FrozenCode said Palm (the hardware company) is dead...not that PalmOS is dead.

The 680 is not intended to be a state-of-the-art device. It is a cheap device for the masses. You know...for making money? Judge it as such...not on the age of the operating system. The masses want simplicity, IM and e-mail functionality, colors, and ringtones. And they want to pay $200 for their phone...not $600. They don't care if the OS is called Garnet, Cobalt, or Gadolinium, for that matter, as long as it works reasonably well.
    Cobalt was never implemented on a hardware device, so the reports of it "being horrible" are not true.
    Recall the Oswin reference design shown earlier this year. There was hardware, that was cobbled together much after Cobalt was dismissed.

ALP is further along than Cobalt was at this stage, things are looking better for it,but with the framework now out, we will know (maybe) from developers if it truely is something worth playing with, or just a waste of dev time.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrinch View Post
    They don't care if the OS is called Garnet, Cobalt, or Gadolinium, for that matter, as long as it works reasonably well.
    I don't care as long as Agendus and all my Palm apps work
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12