1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I am a Treo 650 newbie. While I guess I went wrong in my research in buying the 650 since I was looking for a push email device. Problem is that my service provider has options for BlackBerry Connect on most devices like the Nokia Communicator, Sony Ericsson etc, but not for the Treo. I wrote to Palm customer support and they said that I could try installing the software, but they dont assure that it will work or if they will support it (since its not tested). So here's my question:

Shall I try to use the BBConnect software palm to see if it works? Palm has not introduced/tested this with the carrier?

Is there anyway else I can get push email solutions on my Palm? I dont think my company supports Good Link?

Also, I just dont know why Palm is sooo slow to adapt. I live in India, use the largest service provider in the country, all manufactures are proactive and have tested and approved BBConnect, except Palm. I fail to understand why they're terribly slow.

Sometimes I think owning a Palm OS is severely restricting and rather frustating. I've been a Palm loyalist for years, had the Vx, the Tungsten and now the Treo. This just might be the last Palm OS device I will own.

I look forward to your suggestions.

Thanks,

Pranav
    Pranav,

I think palm leans on their carrier partners to test the besconnect software. Look at the communication section of this forum, there are a couple of blackberry connect. there are carriers out there that provide bbconnect for the 650.

I cheaper alternative is chatter mail, which does idle imap and if your server supports this, it is like push.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    PLease search "BB Connect", there is a pretty extensive thread on the subject.

I have had it running successfully for over 6 months now.

Good luck.