Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Okay this is rediculous... PALM announces all this global 750 BS but what about us americans with GSM service.... HELLO.....

WTF??

Cingular... cingular is garbage and I get 5 bars in my house but no phone rings. Cingular's excuse... "you are right in between 2 towers and they get confused." hahahahahaha

I'm not waiting for Palm to FINALLY come out with a GSM version only for it to be Cingular.

PALM you read this board??? You better come out with a generic version or baby it's over!!

So... WTF PALM????
    Last edited by JimHoboken; 10/18/2006 at 11:34 AM. Reason: forgot type
    Palm will be releasing the 680 in an unlocked version. My guess (though it's only a guess) is that it will be concurrent with the cingular release, hopefuly by the end of Nov.
    I doubt you will see a unlocked version before new year.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    I agree
    WTF !!
    WTF !!
    It's getting ridiculous . No unlocked since the 650 .
    Where is the freedom to choose .
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    The two 700 models were CDMA--"unlocked" doesn't exist there.

The 680 will probably be available unlocked comercially before the 750 is, because the exclusivity has to wear off so that the contract isn't breached.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    One dealer in the UK is quoting November for availability of unlocked 680's.
    I also hear that unlocked 680's will be available "in a couple of weeks". So let's hope! (heard at Digital Life)
    So, Palm announced today that Bell will carry the 700wx. I am with Rogers (GSM) and checking their website today, the Palm Brand is not available on their list of phones. So this could be a prelude to them introducing something new other than the T650 they offer now, or as their support people told me "We may be out of stock on the T650"

So, here in Canada we are in the same boat with no GSM offering, and no idea when one is coming. I hate when Palm announces the 680, and says 20 carriers will offer it by July 2007, but we have no idea who will offer and when they will do so. (I'm even willing to consider going to the 680 just get something new in GSM.
    Well ... I went to reactivate my Sprint Treo 650 but they won't do it without a 2 year contract including ETF. (Even if I don't take a phone.) So ... it looks like I'm now also on the 'wait for GSM bandwagon'. (where I have a working SIM and account.) <sigh>
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimHoboken View Post
    Okay this is rediculous... PALM announces all this global 750 BS but what about us americans with GSM service.... HELLO.....

WTF??

Cingular... cingular is garbage and I get 5 bars in my house but no phone rings. Cingular's excuse... "you are right in between 2 towers and they get confused." hahahahahaha

I'm not waiting for Palm to FINALLY come out with a GSM version only for it to be Cingular.

PALM you read this board??? You better come out with a generic version or baby it's over!!

So... WTF PALM????
    You can get an unlocked 750 from cti-miami right now.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=126541

Phonesource-usa has them as well

http://www.phonesource-usa.com/brand...PCs/Palm-Treo/
    Last edited by treo650fan1; 10/19/2006 at 10:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo650fan1 View Post
    You can get an unlocked 750 from cti-miami right now.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=126541

Phonesource-usa has them as well

http://www.phonesource-usa.com/brand...PCs/Palm-Treo/
    That s unbelievable
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    So far everyone that ordered got one. Phonesource also has a good rep on HOFO.
    That things the price of a laptop though. :-)
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01 View Post
    That things the price of a laptop though. :-)
    The price of the bleeding edge.

I waiting for Cingular to underwrite some of the expense.

I am trying to wait as well...but my 650 died recently and having to use a regular phone after years of having a treo is killing me...i am about to pull the trigger, get the unlocked 750v, then when the cingular 750 does come out, if the price difference is that great, sale my unlocked 750v on ebay and get the cingular 750.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33

Me too
  18. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Bleeding edge? what's bleeding edge about it?
    Colors.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Bleeding edge? what's bleeding edge about it?

This Treo is not designed for 90% of the people who post on this forum. I understanding the startegy but it is infurating to see all the other carriers get great devices and GSM get screwed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast