1.    #1  
    I finally just got my 700p (opted out of Nextel via that text message loophole). I went with Verizon and have to say I'm glad I went back with them, atleast in my area. I love the phone and have to say it is very easy to use. I was a bit scared going to a phone like the Treo and really f'in it up. So far my email is set up (gmail-fastmail-phone). I am no IT junkie and have no idea what half of you are talkin about, but I'll figure it out. :lol:

Any important tips or free application recommendations are always welcomed.
    Read your manual. Read the "stickies" at the top of each forum, especially in the 700p, applications, and multimedia forums. Stick with the stock software and applications for a little while and learn those. It has a lot of capabilities and your goal should be to get the most out of it. Some people just use it for a phone and basic pim stuff. Pull down the menus, look at the preferences in each application and see what you can do.
    Congras. Get profiles for turning ringtone on and off automatically.

Get google map. Now you are all set.
    Welcome. You can do quite a bit with your new Treo. If there's something you're interested in, a search of these forums generally will find it for you.
    I just got my 700p and right away I put on Volumecare, Lightwav, Agendus,and Snappermail. I love this phone it works great.
  6.    #6  
    Here's a question for all. Does the extended battery give you THAT much more talk/use time? I've found two, one of which sounds bogus.