1.    #1  
    Okay, Group...I have my 700P, now (and my wife broke down and bought one, too ); and I love it, but I have two problems.

The First: I like Ringtones. However, as a friend pointed out, anyone in the Ringtone Business must be directly related to Beelzebub. So, rather than buy(or "rent") someone else's trash tones; I figured I'd buy a converter.
    So...I did. I purchased the Joy Ringtone Converter (and then found out that I immediately had to purchase the Upgrade, in order to make AAC files...congratulations, you slimeballs. ) I took the song I wanted (Hakuna Matata *G*), and edited it to the piece I wanted, and converted it to AAC, but my Treo won't recognize the file format; and won't load it onto the PDA.
    Now, the User Manual says that it can use ringtones in MIDI, QCELP, AAC, and AAC+ formats. The tune plays fine on my computer with Media Player. I wrote Joy Ringtone Customer support, with the expected result (insert sound of crickets chirping. )
    Did I make a bad choice of Converter program? Is there something else I dneed to do?
    I saw some mumbo-jumbo on here (for the 700W) about changing the extension to another format, etc...but that doesn't seem to work on my 700P.

Thanks in advance for any help! (On to post #2...)

Biomedguy
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
    - Robert Heinlein
    I've used MiniTones (http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-1053.html) to make ringtones from mp3's that I have on my SD card.

HTH
    MiniTones can be unstable and corrupt the tones to where they crash your phone. I and others have had problems like that. Try the ringtone uploader on www.funformobile.com. Its how I got all my aac tones uploaded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomedguy View Post
    Okay, Group...I have my 700P, now (and my wife broke down and bought one, too ); and I love it, but I have two problems.

The First: I like Ringtones. However, as a friend pointed out, anyone in the Ringtone Business must be directly related to Beelzebub. So, rather than buy(or "rent") someone else's trash tones; I figured I'd buy a converter.
    So...I did. I purchased the Joy Ringtone Converter (and then found out that I immediately had to purchase the Upgrade, in order to make AAC files...congratulations, you slimeballs. ) I took the song I wanted (Hakuna Matata *G*), and edited it to the piece I wanted, and converted it to AAC, but my Treo won't recognize the file format; and won't load it onto the PDA.
    Now, the User Manual says that it can use ringtones in MIDI, QCELP, AAC, and AAC+ formats. The tune plays fine on my computer with Media Player. I wrote Joy Ringtone Customer support, with the expected result (insert sound of crickets chirping. )
    Did I make a bad choice of Converter program? Is there something else I dneed to do?
    I saw some mumbo-jumbo on here (for the 700W) about changing the extension to another format, etc...but that doesn't seem to work on my 700P.

Thanks in advance for any help! (On to post #2...)

Biomedguy

if u want that ringer asap , upload the mp3 file with the 30 sec part u want and i will make for u

i use audacity to chop down mp3 file and add effects (free) and use itunes to convert to aac format...to get file to phone, the easiest way i would suggest..go to sprintusers.com and click on tab that says focus, put your number and upload the aac file and it will send to your phone as a text message then u download and it appears where all the rest of your ringers are

simple simple, i have tons of ringers

thumbs up for fun for mobile
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    if u want that ringer asap , upload the mp3 file with the 30 sec part u want and i will make for u

i use audacity to chop down mp3 file and add effects (free) and use itunes to convert to aac format...to get file to phone, the easiest way i would suggest..go to sprintusers.com and click on tab that says focus, put your number and upload the aac file and it will send to your phone as a text message then u download and it appears where all the rest of your ringers are

simple simple, i have tons of ringers

thumbs up for fun for mobile

Thanks for the info...I tried using Sprintusers.com to upload my AAC file...but Sprintusers wouldn't take it, either (it says it only takes JPG, JPEG, PNG, QCP, MID, M4A, GIF, & PMD files. No AAC, no TXT.

Any other ideas...or am I missing something?
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
    - Robert Heinlein
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Use the ringer upload tool that was previously mentioned at www.funformobile.com. In fact there are tons of aac ringtones available for free there. Re-read the previous posts.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  7.    #7  
    Well, apparently, the problem was in my Desktop loader...because Funformobile worked great! (also tried Audacity...*great* program, and free!)
    Thanks for the help, Everyone!
    - Robert Heinlein