1.    #1  
    Can a Treo using Sprint Power Vision do voice and data simultaneously like GSM can?
    No, just text
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    if by gsm you mean UTMS then no..edge doesn't do this...

Power Vision will ring if you are using data and will stop data while on the phone then resume data when you hang up..Unlike edge which rings busy while using data...
    Sprint 700p
    I have had numerous calls 'come thru' while watching Sprint TV. :-)
    All variants of GSM will ring while data is being transferred. 1xRTT does not. I have no idea about EVDO.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    With EVDO, calls will come through while you're on data, but when you're on a call, your data stops. You can't be on data (i.e. watching Sprint TV) and be talking on the phone at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by tlbradl View Post
    I have had numerous calls 'come thru' while watching Sprint TV. :-)
    That's what I meant...I've had numerous calls come thru while I was watching Sprint TV.
    If you want data while on a voice call, then currently you need UTMS. If you just want calls to come through when you have an active data connection (pauses data until call is over) then you need any flavor of GSM data offerings, EVDO or any Verizon data connection. My understanding is that Verizon upgraded something on their systems/towers to allow a call to come through while on 1xRTT, but Sprint will send the call to voicemail.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by JayL View Post
    if by gsm you mean UTMS then no..edge doesn't do this...

Power Vision will ring if you are using data and will stop data while on the phone then resume data when you hang up..Unlike edge which rings busy while using data...
    GPRS/EDGE allows calls to go through.

EVDO does as well, 1xrtt generally won't.
    Actually EDGE does do this. (at least on every network I've ever used.)
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    I don't have evdo or any high speed data but on my Sprint Treo 650 calls still come through when I am surfing the net Wish that send to voicemail would work for me, hate to be interupted while reading up on the news.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    I don't have evdo or any high speed data but on my Sprint Treo 650 calls still come through when I am surfing the net Wish that send to voicemail would work for me, hate to be interupted while reading up on the news.
    Calls will come through when the browser is open with a dormant data connection but if you are actively passing traffic than the call will go to voicemail everytime.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2