Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Its all well and good that the 680 is here, but where is the 750 and why is nobody mentioning it. When is the release date??

CAN ANYONE HELP?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JdubTreo View Post
    Its all well and good that the 680 is here, but where is the 750 and why is nobody mentioning it. When is the release date??

CAN ANYONE HELP?
    Ok, since nobody else is saying this I will: Do a SEARCH before posting questions like this.

There isn't a "real" release date - and it's been mentioned a lot.
  3.    #3  
    What I meant was since the announcement yesterday there has been no talk about it....
    November 14 is a projected date. People who say they saw memos from Cingular say that.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    "I'm not sure if you got the memo....."
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    "I'm not sure if you got the memo....."
    If you can go ahead and remember to put the coversheets on all TPS reports, that would be great..
    I saw one "in the wild." Basically a Palm rep had one at a career fair at my college. I asked if I could see it, and he said that I couldn't. With regards to release dates, all that was said was "before Christmas." The was the response to when was the Treo 680 going to be released (this was in the morning before the actual announcement), but I think the guy thought I meant 750. I am going to guess that the 750 I saw was running WM.

Sorry I don't have anything more I was dying for him to just flip it around and show me the other side.
    You can get a Vodafone one on ebay now and unlock it for $38 USD. The Vodafone version, if you go to engadgetmobile supports BB connect. This is the perfect phone for me.

I have seen so many Cingular dates about this and the 8525 that I do not believe any of them until I see the phone on my companys premier site with Cingular.
    Since the 750 has been announced already, the next announcement would be Cingular announcement stating they are carrying it. Most of the rumors are now saying mid-November, but a few are still saying Q1 07. I guess we will have to wait to see.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I wonder will it be in different colors like the 680 or will it be pretty much the same as the one by vodaphone? I wouldn't mind an orange treo.
    Oh, when will I find the perfect smartphone???
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Since the 750 has been announced already, the next announcement would be Cingular announcement stating they are carrying it. Most of the rumors are now saying mid-November, but a few are still saying Q1 07. I guess we will have to wait to see.
    From what I gather, the Q1 '07 guesses are from people that are stating more of an "I bet..." theory. They seem unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by mstoini View Post
    I wonder will it be in different colors like the 680 or will it be pretty much the same as the one by vodaphone? I wouldn't mind an orange treo.
    I would like some different colors too, but I think that because the 750 is geared toward more of a business professional crowd, we'll see a more....corporate friendly color.
    What's sad is that here I am with a Treo 650 as a customer with Rogers Wireless in Canada and everyone around me is talking about how innovative RIM is with releasing the Pearl 8100. Why can't Palm get their act together and stop all this nonsense with exclusive carrier contracts? I have nothing against people living in the UK but it really ticks me off that I'm waiting for Palm which is based in the USA to release the Treo 750 in North America. As for the Treo 680 it's just another rehash of the Treo 650 in a 750 shell. Nothing innovative about that product except the case which now has an internal antenna. Okay so there's a 1.3 MP camera but it still lacks a flash and there's still no bluetooth voice dialing. Also is it just me or does anyone else here also want a VGA camera on the front of a Treo which supports 3G for video conferencing?
    Last edited by Dark_Knight; 10/14/2006 at 01:55 AM.
    As a fellow Canuck, I feel for ya man.

Actually, the 680 has a 0.3MP camera, and the only significant difference from the 650 is the Bluetooth 1.2, better reception, and a spiffy new case. The Pearl? Hardly an amazing phone. It's not much better than a 650 really, except it's packaged very well, and has a better camera with flash.

3G video calling? It'll come eventually. I liken Palm to Toyota. They play safe, they play slow. Check out the spyshots of the new Corolla. Hardly amazing (other than being amazingly boring), but it'll sell like hotcakes!
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    Check out the spyshots of the new Corolla. Hardly amazing (other than being amazingly boring), but it'll sell like hotcakes!

BLEH I would never have a Toyota in my house. Ever. I drive them as rentals and they feel like disposable cars sold at Walmart. They may well hold up and be reliable - I'm sure they are, but there is no soul or spirit in them whatsoever, nd the fact that they 'sell like hotcakes' is not much of any indicator of anything other than being able to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Go try a GTI, Jetta GLI, Jetta TDI....yes I want a Palm phone to match my GTI as the 650 is losing its lustre.
    ...and appealing to the LCM is what makes money. Palm ain't selling handhelds with soul, they're selling handhelds for $$$.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Quote Originally Posted by mstoini View Post
    The "750" that I saw (didn't get a front view of it, just top/back since the guy was holding it) was in the same midnight blue was the 750v. I am going to assume that the model I saw was the 750 for Cingular (but it is possible that it could have been an unlocked 750v used on Cingular or T-Mobile).
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich View Post
    BLEH I would never have a Toyota in my house. Ever. I drive them as rentals and they feel like disposable cars sold at Walmart. They may well hold up and be reliable - I'm sure they are, but there is no soul or spirit in them whatsoever, nd the fact that they 'sell like hotcakes' is not much of any indicator of anything other than being able to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Go try a GTI, Jetta GLI, Jetta TDI....yes I want a Palm phone to match my GTI as the 650 is losing its lustre.
    Try a Highlander or an Avalon. Or a Lexus. Toyotas can be great cars!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich View Post

Toyota makes great cars, but i understand your feeling for them. I feel the same way. But i'm not too fond of VW's either (too many reliability problems) and the TDI is being pulled from the American market because it pollutes too much. Personally I like Hondas (S2000's being my favorite (eventhough they need to make more RWD cars)). The best of all worlds decent price, reliable and lots of driver feedback. What the heck am i doing talking cars on a cell phone forum????
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    As a fellow Canuck, I feel for ya man.

Actually, the 680 has a 0.3MP camera, and the only significant difference from the 650 is the Bluetooth 1.2, better reception, and a spiffy new case. The Pearl? Hardly an amazing phone. It's not much better than a 650 really, except it's packaged very well, and has a better camera with flash.

3G video calling? It'll come eventually. I liken Palm to Toyota. They play safe, they play slow. Check out the spyshots of the new Corolla. Hardly amazing (other than being amazingly boring), but it'll sell like hotcakes!
    0.3 MP camera???? What is Palm smoking to believe wireless consumers who are continually becoming more tech savy each year will be lining up to buy a device with an outdated camera? By now they should be using a minimum 1.3 MP camera with an L.E.D. flash which is offered by other competitors including RIM (ie: Blackberry 8100 Pearl). After all some camera phones now support 2 MP with L.E.D. flash.

As for better bluetooth when they can actually provide bluetooth voice dialing included with all their Treos not just the Windows based ones then they'll actually care what smartphone consumers think about their products. Most Treo users are not teenagers and live busy lifestyles that require a smartphone to help organize their life. Whether driving to work, taking the kids to sports, etc it would be nice to be able to use a wireless bluetooth headset to switch between callers on callwaiting or dial with out needing to actually touch the device. Unfortunately for PalmOS users that's not an option.
    Last edited by Dark_Knight; 10/15/2006 at 12:43 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast