Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just dumped my Treo 650 for the new Blackberry Pearl. Size was certainly one of the determining factors.

I gave up a full size keyboard for a hybrid suretype. Way better than T9 and I must say I have been pleasantly surprised that I can enter text as easily and quickly as my Treo.

A year ago I would not have been caught dead with a Blackberry. But the new form factor and extra features in the Pearl really won me over. It syncs with my outlook - I get push e-mail and the camera is much better.

It also has a lot more "phone" features that I had forgotten about over the past few years of being a Treo owner. The voicedialing is nice and it's built in. I didn't have to pay another $25 for it.

It came with a car charger and stereo headset that works for the phone or the mp3 player. Again, things I had to pay extra for on the Treo.

I became very unsatisfied with Palm's lack of innovation on the form factor and really longed to have a phone that just slipped in my pocket again.

I certainly feel (or at least felt) your pain.
    I like the Pearl, but I coudn't go smaller than the pearl...that is where I draw the line.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I like my 700p the way it is. If they can't get smaller than the 680 even with a puny battery, leave it alone. The only thing they might be able to improve is to lower the height. The extra space above the screen could be reduced somewhat I guess.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Day 3 of my SDA. It's OK. I'm now seeing the benefits of my Treo more clearly -- the capabilities I take for granted. Inevitably those require some bulk. I am not willing to toss all of those capabilities overboard.

I think I'm going to end up a two-phone person. I'll have a smaller Smartphone like the SDA and a larger one, prolly the 750 when it comes out unlocked.

EDIT (later): F'ing SDA sits in my office "searching" for a signal. SIM swaps out to Treo. Bang. Signal. Me like dial tone. Me no like no dial tone. SDA no get dial tone. (Aristotelian logic follows). Ergo, me no likey SDA.
    Last edited by Tastypeppers; 10/13/2006 at 10:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris View Post
    .... and once I get the short antenna...
    Is there a new antenna for the Treo??
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12