Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. SG2
    Just talked to a few folks I know at Cingular...Even though we'll have word sometime on the 12th, for something, here are apparent dates of release for most of the East Coast; other areas may vary, but who knows what Cingular will be doing.

680 - November 3rd - $tbdtbdtbd ($$200$-$$300$, $$50u$/$g$ $rebate$ $available$)

750 - November 14th - $tbdtbdtbd ($$400$-$$500$, $no$ $rebates$ $as$ $of$ $now$)

That's the story so we'll see how true this really is.
    Cool!
    Another Thread
    Just call me Berd.
  3. SG2
    Yeah, I know. I hate forums with a thousand threads of the same thing, but didn't like the other posts to put this in - oh well, what's one more when there's already a thousand!

Counting down the hours 'til the 12th and days 'til next month!
    http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

It's the 12th in Greenwich!
    Just call me Berd.
    any word on unlocked 680?
    I might buy a unlocked 680 or E62 as backup phone depends on how cheap you can buy one.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    the e62 is quite bigger than the treo ... the treo would be much nicer in the hand. hard to use the e62 one-handed ...

please let it be a convincing 680
    I have small hands and I can deal with the E61. It's just a bit wider than the Treo is all. But certainly thinner.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I thought about the E62 but when I read the manual and realized you cannot send meeting requests to people ( that they can accept decline ) and cannot accept or decline meeting requests sent to you ( apparently they come in like a normal e-mail ) that made my decision not to buy this as a second phone.
    That's a new one on me. I am not even sure what that feature is.

Usually text or email works fine to set up meetings for me. Even calls.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by SG2 View Post
    Just talked to a few folks I know at Cingular...Even though we'll have word sometime on the 12th, for something, here are apparent dates of release for most of the East Coast; other areas may vary, but who knows what Cingular will be doing.

680 - November 3rd - $tbdtbdtbd ($$200$-$$300$, $$50u$/$g$ $rebate$ $available$)

750 - November 14th - $tbdtbdtbd ($$400$-$$500$, $no$ $rebates$ $as$ $of$ $now$)

Saw the same dates on the cingular forums. Supposedly from some of marketing notes distributed to some dealers.

http://forums.cingular.com/cng/board...cending&page=2
    If they are released 1 week apart they might as well announce both today.

What the heck is meeting accept meeting decline?
    Quote Originally Posted by SG2 View Post

That agrees with what our Cingular corporate rep said today.
    Dennis G. Esler
    If those dates are true, why not announce the 750 along with the 680? All of this doesn't make sense. How difficult is it to announce a product and also announce when the product is coming to the market?
    Quote Originally Posted by robnick2 View Post
    If those dates are true, why not announce the 750 along with the 680? All of this doesn't make sense. How difficult is it to announce a product and also announce when the product is coming to the market?
    It could be that palm wants to give the 680 a headstart. It could be to wrap up final testing on the 3G network for the 750. It could be a variety of reasons
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Palm announces the product. The Treo 680. It's up to the carriers to announce availability and pricing for those products.

Since the 750 already exists, there's no need to announce it.

The Cingular 750 will most likely be exactly the same as the Vodaphone 750v. I suspect Cingular will announce availability for both phones sometime soon, once they've fully tested both. The 750 will also depend on the terms of Palm's exclusivity contract with Vodaphone.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec View Post
    Palm announces the product. The Treo 680. It's up to the carriers to announce availability and pricing for those products.

Since the 750 already exists, there's no need to announce it.

The Cingular 750 will most likely be exactly the same as the Vodaphone 750v. I suspect Cingular will announce availability for both phones sometime soon, once they've fully tested both. The 750 will also depend on the terms of Palm's exclusivity contract with Vodaphone.
    Maybe we'll hear an announcement from cingular next week and the november dates will hold. I hope so, I can definitely wait. It'll also help me clear some credit card debt (the ol' college debt, gotta love it). In any case, I'm very excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by robnick2 View Post
    cause I think it will hurt the 680 sales. If everybody would know for sure that the 750 is just around the corner, a lot of people will be waitting for it.

This way, with all the maybe or maybe not, people will get tired of wanting to wait and they will just buy the 680.

And guess what, when the 750 comes out, I'm sure a lot of people will sell the 680 and get the new one. More money for Palm
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec View Post
    The 750 will also depend on the terms of Palm's exclusivity contract with Vodaphone.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $exclusivity$ $contract$ $only$ $applies$ $to$ $European$ $carriers$, $not$ $worldwide$.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    well, its been almost a week since the last post, and I really haven't heard anything new about release dates besides the 14th for the 750 on cingular. Is this it? Will we get it a week and a half before Thanksgiving? I sure hope so!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast