Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    That's a new one on me. I am not even sure what that feature is.

Usually text or email works fine to set up meetings for me. Even calls.
    So on an E62 when someone send syou a meeting invite you have the option to accept, decline or tentative? According to the Cingular and Nokia reference manual you cannot do this. The E62 only syncs existing calendar events.
    For anyone who utilizes a PDA (smartphone or not) as an essential tool for managing their schedule, and whose company uses Outlook/Exchange, the ability to send and receive meeting requests and automatically have those requests synchronized to their calendar (e.g. hit or reply accept to an e-mail notification of a meeting request and have the appointment be automatically created in their calendar) is crucial.

In my opinion, this is the largest driver of why Blackberries have dominated the enterprise. Getting e-mail is great and essential, but having an integrated schedule/e-mail is almost just as essential.
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers View Post
    So on an E62 when someone send syou a meeting invite you have the option to accept, decline or tentative? According to the Cingular and Nokia reference manual you cannot do this. The E62 only syncs existing calendar events.
    Can anyone verify this functionality, or lack there of, on the E62?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffj View Post
    For anyone who utilizes a PDA (smartphone or not) as an essential tool for managing their schedule, and whose company uses Outlook/Exchange, the ability to send and receive meeting requests and automatically have those requests synchronized to their calendar (e.g. hit or reply accept to an e-mail notification of a meeting request and have the appointment be automatically created in their calendar) is crucial.
    In my opinion, this is the largest driver of why Blackberries have dominated the enterprise. Getting e-mail is great and essential, but having an integrated schedule/e-mail is almost just as essential.
    No wonder I am unaware of this function.
    I don't use Exchange. All my meetings are personally set up through email, text and calls.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!

I wonder whether 8525 (hotly rumored to be released this month) will prevent Palm releases from Cingular. Unlikely Cingular will release 2 (or 3) hot products within 3-4 weeks.
    They released the 3125 and the W810i within weeks of each other. I think they're picking things up a bit.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by lankaman View Post

I wonder whether 8525 (hotly rumored to be released this month) will prevent Palm releases from Cingular. Unlikely Cingular will release 2 (or 3) hot products within 3-4 weeks.
    Well, Cingular needs to do something with the competition these days. VZW and Sprint already have 3G treos out for some time now, T-Mobile has the SK3 and BB Pearl which are newer. Cingular wants to compete in the broadband market with the former 2 carriers, so I could see them releasing a plethora of gadgets and gizmos together.
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    Well, Cingular needs to do something with the competition these days. VZW and Sprint already have 3G treos out for some time now, T-Mobile has the SK3 and BB Pearl which are newer. Cingular wants to compete in the broadband market with the former 2 carriers, so I could see them releasing a plethora of gadgets and gizmos together.
    I am not a fan of Cingular (but I am a subscriber). Looks like they are doing something right....

Cingular 3Q profit more than triples
    By GREG BLUESTEIN, Associated Press Writer 9 minutes ago

Cingular Wireless LLC, the nation's largest cell phone provider, said Thursday it more than tripled its third quarter profits on a lower customer turnover rate and strong sales.

The Atlanta-based joint venture of BellSouth Corp. and AT&T Inc. said it earned a record $847 million profit for the three months ending Sept. 30, compared with $222 million for the same period a year ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post
    I am not a fan of Cingular (but I am a subscriber). Looks like they are doing something right....

Cingular 3Q profit more than triples
    By GREG BLUESTEIN, Associated Press Writer 9 minutes ago

Cingular Wireless LLC, the nation's largest cell phone provider, said Thursday it more than tripled its third quarter profits on a lower customer turnover rate and strong sales.

The Atlanta-based joint venture of BellSouth Corp. and AT&T Inc. said it earned a record $847 million profit for the three months ending Sept. 30, compared with $222 million for the same period a year ago.
    well, I wonder what portion of that was from business accounts.
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    well, I wonder what portion of that was from business accounts.
    The next paragraph from the same press release:

"The growth was driven by 1.4 million net subscriber additions, compared with 867,000 in the same quarter last year. At the same time, monthly churn the rate at which customers switch to other providers settled at 1.8 percent, compared with 2.3 percent in the year-ago period."

Looks like they just kicked a$$. I kind of chuckle when I see some one here make a statement like "THIS IS THEIR LAST CHANCE OR I AM WALKING!"

1.4 Million NET additions LAST QUARTER.

The numbers for Palm are not so dramatic, but the eminent demise predictions of Palm are way off the mark. They might be gobbled up by a larger player, but demise is a long way off. I have said before that I think their marketing plans are clicking on all 8 cylinders. Many people here seem to think that success for Palm lies in delivering the most bleeding edge phone - because that is what THEY want. But what Palm wants is what most companies want - sustained (and sustainable) solid growth.

They have a set of problems to overcome like most companies, but my $.02 says they are doing just fine in their current set of circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post
    Many people here seem to think that success for Palm lies in delivering the most bleeding edge phone - because that is what THEY want. But what Palm wants is what most companies want - sustained (and sustainable) solid growth.

They have a set of problems to overcome like most companies, but my $.02 says they are doing just fine in their current set of circumstances.
    Not bleeding edge, but industry standard, e.g. up to date cameras. Bleeding edge would be 3.2 Megapixel. High end 2 Megapixel. Industry standard 1.3 Megapixel. Yesterday's camera is VGA. Its probably the same camera you find in toys these days.

Surur
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12