1.    #1  
    Treonauts reckons the 680 will be $250. urrently the Treo 650 is over $500 and its a lower spec device than the 680. that means the 650 will have to drop in price to below $150! doesnt make sense.
    Is $250 the subsidized price?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    $250??? maybe after a 2 year contract on a new line!
    Consider that Cingular is selling the Nokia E62 for $150 with contract, $350 without. I would expect that they would be going after that sort of price range for the 680.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    There would be no reason to continue offering the 650. I'd assume that Cingular has stopped ordering them and is going through the rest of its stock. Once the 680 hits and is widely available, I don't see the 650 selling so well.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    You'll be able to buy a perfectly good device for cheap, cheap, cheap. Some folks don't mind the antennae and don't need the additional memory so they'll be good to go with a 650.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot View Post
    You'll be able to buy a perfectly good device for cheap, cheap, cheap. Some folks don't mind the antennae and don't need the additional memory so they'll be good to go with a 650.
    but if the rumored price of the 680 is correct, then I don't see the 650 being THAT much cheaper.