1. NKG
    I need to get a Treo, pronto. I've heard the 700w is buggy(?). I need to make sure that I can easily view word, excel and PDF files. Any opinions?
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NKG View Post
    I need to get a Treo, pronto. I've heard the 700w is buggy(?). I need to make sure that I can easily view word, excel and PDF files. Any opinions?
    The 650 has 33% more screen resolution (320x320 vs 240x240) which is particularly important when viewing documents like these.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    wx all the way baby!

viewing and editing natively in windows can't be beat, as well as, the screen real estate gives you nothing. You can view 4 cells across in excel on the 650 and three on the 700wx.

Andy
    Last edited by ahalvor; 10/10/2006 at 02:09 AM.
    Since you're considering the 700w, you're obviously on Verizon. Why not consider the 700p instead of the 650? It's definitely a step up from the 650 in a number of areas, including available memory.
    Matt Milano
    President
    Praevius, Inc.
  5. NKG
    Actually on Cingular and can't switch for many reasons. Thinking about waiting or buying the 650 now. The image viewing is more important to me than the spreadsheets...
    Actually on Cingular and can't switch for many reasons. Thinking about waiting or buying the 650 now. The image viewing is more important to me than the spreadsheets...
    I saw a rumor today that Cingular will offer the 650 for $199. Hard to beat. There is nothing on the market to compete with the 650 at that price.
    One should never wait for Palm. Go only with what they are shipping to all comers. The 650 is the only thing available on Cingular.
    I am in the same boat, waiting

I am jumping from Sprint to Cingular and will be waiting a few weeks to see if the 680 comes out. I have the 600 now so just about anthing is a step up
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrys914 View Post
    I am in the same boat, waiting

I am jumping from Sprint to Cingular and will be waiting a few weeks to see if the 680 comes out. I have the 600 now so just about anthing is a step up
    Even if they announce a new product tomorrow, it is likely to be weeks to months before they ship; even longer before they will offer for sale without restrictions. Based upon the rumors, one would not expect it to be a better value than the 650.