Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. SG2
    I've been reading these forums for years and figured I'd finally register since the rumors around the new GSM phones are a bit out of control
    (yet always enjoyable to read, of course).

Not sure how much of this has been posted already, but here's a bit of veritable info regarding the upcoming 680 and 750.

1> 680 will be released approximately 2 weeks before the 750

2> 680 scheduled release for most of the US is the 3rd week of October to the 1st week of November. This will vary based on area, coverage of towers, serviceable areas, etc.

3> 750 is scheduled to be released approximately 2 weeks after the 680, in most markets.

4> Pricing is yet to be determined however the 680 will have a $50 upgrade rebate. The 750 will not and the apparent MSRP is (supposedly) $450 for the 750.

5> The phones were delayed because of testing but as of Friday (10/06) the release dates were on time. Who knows how much this will actually stay on course, but we shall see.

fyi - amidst all of the thousand rumors, facades, fake info, etc., while you can do what you wish with this info, it's true according to Cingular's internal press release that was sent out to the stores last week.

. Here's hoping for my new phone b/c my 650 needs to be replaced soon.
    Thanks for the info! The 750 is what I'm waiting to see. Mid-November, OK.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I sure hope it stays on track.
    Just call me Berd.
    Have you heard anything about the 8525?
    Just call me Berd.
    Very nice info
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Yea, coolness. Thanks. So there won't be ANY kind of discount on the 750 even with a 2-yr. agreement? I have a FAN on my account (Cingular) as well. That should help, no? Thanks again...
  7. SG2
    As of now, there's no rebates or anything for the 750; I'm surprised as I really don't want to spend so much for another phone, and extend my contract, and upgrade the plan, and give Cingular more money, etc.

Counting down the days!
    Quote Originally Posted by SG2 View Post

4> Pricing is yet to be determined however the 680 will have a $50 upgrade rebate. The 750 will not and the apparent MSRP is (supposedly) $450 for the 750.
    I assume the $450 is the 2 year contract price which should put the phone at $599-699 No Commitment.
  9. SG2
    Yeah, the 450 is with a 2-yr contract. I miss the 1-yr committments. 2 is just so long.

Wasn't there another post of a $649 out-right purchase price? Hmm.
    thanks for the updated info November is right around the corner, and hopefully so will our Treo 750s
    If Cingular gets the 750 in November, then the unlocked 750 will be available from Palm, oh, right about after I break down and buy a TyTN. Right?
    2> 680 scheduled release for most of the US is the 3rd week of October to the 1st week of November. This will vary based on area, coverage of towers, serviceable areas, etc.
    Thanks for the info ... but could you explain this statement? Why would a release date be affected (by just a few days at that) by tower coverage???

That's a new one for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    Thanks for the info ... but could you explain this statement? Why would a release date be affected (by just a few days at that) by tower coverage???

That's a new one for me.
    Maybe not for the 680, but for the 750 - Cingular would be hesitant to release a 3G phone in areas where 3G is flakey. I'm sure they would want to ensure that phone/data calls work without major issue and can hand off to GSM properly.
    Yeah, the 450 is with a 2-yr contract. I miss the 1-yr committments. 2 is just so long.

Wasn't there another post of a $649 out-right purchase price? Hmm.
    whatever happened to this new treo being a lower cost device?
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol View Post
    whatever happened to this new treo being a lower cost device?
    That's the price for the 750, it's the 680 that's meant to be a low cost device
  16. SG2
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post

That's a new one for me.
    Not sure. The info I posted is direct from Cingular in the release given to local GM's. Like the other post, if I had to guess it has something to do with the coverage, which makes sense, but we'll have to wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    If Cingular gets the 750 in November, then the unlocked 750 will be available from Palm, oh, right about after I break down and buy a TyTN. Right?
    probably, and the trinity will come out at about the same time also.
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    I thought they said they will wait until Vodafone's exclusive is up, right? Unlocked 750 will probably be available next year, if so. I still don't know if I should get the Cingular and try to get it unlocked, or wait until next year.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I thought they said they will wait until Vodafone's exclusive is up, right? Unlocked 750 will probably be available next year, if so. I still don't know if I should get the Cingular and try to get it unlocked, or wait until next year.
    i bet you can get a cingular model, and XDA developers will have an unlock code and a clean rom for you
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Y'know,...I am as excited as anyone about this phone,...and I don't mean to sound negative, but I just switched my service to Verizon because Cingular refuses to allow you to insure your PDA phone.

Does anybody else think it is crazy,...no....stupid to spend over $450 for a phone with a provider that will not allow you to insure it??

I do. One false drop on the concrete and it's all over. It is insane for one to think that they can safely keep their phone from harm over the period of a two-year contract.

That's why I left Cingular last week after being with them for almost two years. (the only reason I left, actually.)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast