1.    #1  
    Attended a recent IT trade show in the UK and word is that the GSM version of the 750 will be released in the UK very very soon. Yes, before Christmas.
    Any thoughts from you learned dudes re release date?
    I think it might be as soon as today, or even last week!!!

Surur
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I think it might be as soon as today, or even last week!!!

Surur
    WOW! Have you sen one of heard about this? Please do let me know. I want to buy one asap. Thanks.
    Palm® Treo™ smartphone – available now
    Extend your office to your pocket with the next-generation smartphone from Palm, Microsoft and Vodafone.

Combine Palm’s ease of use and the familiar Microsoft environment with a choice of mobile email solutions including Microsoft Windows Mobile and Vodafone Business Email, all backed up by Vodafone’s dedicated service for business.
    Work out of the office

The Palm Treo smartphone means you can stay productive wherever you are*, with instant access to email and office applications as well as time-saving features for managing data and calls.

Secure, push email on a variety of platforms

Get safe and fast access to email whatever size your business, from the simple set up and use Vodafone Business Email Personal Solution for small businesses, through to enterprise solutions from Microsoft Windows Mobile and Vodafone.

Applications away from the office

Use built-in viewers for Word, Excel and PowerPoint with search, cut and paste and spell check functions all on your device. You can even edit documents on the go and then email them on. With a range of applications working on the go is easy.

Packed with useful features

Manage calls and browse the web directly from your ‘Today’ screen, compose instant texts such as ‘in a meeting’ when you can’t take a call, and check voicemail using play, rewind and delete icons.

Quadband support for GSM, GPRS, EDGE, 3G/UMTS
    Bluetooth 1.2
    65,000 Colour touchscreen
    128MB Memory plus 60MB user flash memory
    1.3 megapixal digital camera
    Full QWERTY keyboard with 5-way navigator
    Vodafone business service

We’re here to help with dedicated teams of business advisors, superior technical support and services, including Device Management, our unique over-the-air service that eases company-wide roll out and support.

How do I get it?

Buy online(1 – 9 handsets)

Find a store
    New to Vodafone? Call 08080 741 741 or get us to call you.

Get us to call you

Already a Vodafone customer? Call your account manager or a customer services adviser on 08700 746 746.

*Subject to network coverage and availability
    http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatc...nt_Id=VF004404
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for that.
    I am on o2 network so need a gsm not voda one and not windows. Any news on this in the UK?
    Thanks
  6.    #6  
    The chap had the 750 vodafone and said the opne version for gsm in ready anytime now
    1. Voda is a GSM operator
    2. There will not be a Palm OS 750 because the POS can't handle a UMTS radio
    3. Your only option for an 'upgrade' to a 650 is the Treo 680 that really has nothing new over the Treo 650 besides a different form factor. EDGE is the fastest speed you will get with a Palm OS treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    1. Voda is a GSM operator
    2. There will not be a Palm OS 750 because the POS can't handle a UMTS radio
    3. Your only option for an 'upgrade' to a 650 is the Treo 680 that really has nothing new over the Treo 650 besides a different form factor. EDGE is the fastest speed you will get with a Palm OS treo.
    The 680 has over twice the internal memory of the 650, and should have better bluetooth as well. This should improve the stability of the 650 especially with 3rd party programs. So 'nothing new' is not quite accurate. Also unknown is whether the bluetooth will be substantially improved over the 650.

Gadgetluva is correct thought that Palm OS is topped out at EDGE because it cannot handle simultaneous voice and data for UMTS. If you're like me, and a fan of the Palm OS and sticking with GSM, we are hostage to the split of Palm and Palm Source (now Access) and what that did to Palm OS development. There will be a new Palm OS (over linux) but it will be a long wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by redgeek View Post
    ...There will be a new Palm OS (over linux) but it will be a long wait.
    It looks likely that the first devices may be as early as first quarter next year, but that's hard to say for sure.

See http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...o-screenshots/ and http://www.palmsource.com/press/2006...lwroundup.html
    It ain't the OS. It's the UI. That's what's important.
    Never going to happen. At best case, they release the OS to the device manufacturers Q1 07. The manufacturers then take 6 to 9 monts to get the devices. That's later 2007.

But personally I don't think Palm will ever use ALP. They just been too quiet about it.

Secondly, if those screenshots are any indication, I wouldn't buy any Palm devices based on that OS. Frankly it looks fairly primitive and except for the Palm OS in emulation nothing like what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    It looks likely that the first devices may be as early as first quarter next year, but that's hard to say for sure.

See http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...o-screenshots/ and http://www.palmsource.com/press/2006...lwroundup.html
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    But personally I don't think Palm will ever use ALP. They just been too quiet about it.
    I think the discussions are still in progress but I think Palm have a backup plan anyway.

Secondly, if those screenshots are any indication, I wouldn't buy any Palm devices based on that OS.
    Well they're not the from the finished article, plus I'm sure there's plenty of room for licensees to customize it for their own requirements.