Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I am a guy who has been on this forum since the beginning and owned almost every Treo model....
    I feel like I've done this runaround-wait-for-the-new-model thing before...

I have read everything I can get my hands on regarding the next Treo.
    I have narrowed all the information to the following, with questions that nobody seems to be able to answer. Please tell me if I am insane....(or if you have an actual answer to the following):

1.) Palm will be releasing two GSM Treos, a stripped down Palm OS version (680) and a Windows version (750).

- Are we to believe that Cingular (or another carrier) will release two phones at the same time running two different operating systems??
    If so, which will come first?

2.) Instead of a 750, it will be an 800.

- Why would they skip 750?
    - Does anybody actually have any solid proof that this is true??

3.) There are currently people testing the 750 for Cingular.

- Has anybody found or seen any FCC documentation for approval? I suppose it may not be required, but logic tells me it must be out there somewhere.

4.) The GSM model will hit the market in October or early November.

- Anybody able to substantiate this??

I am a stone's-throw from jumping to CDMA again. I'd sure like to know where this GSM version is and/or if it is real.
    I just purchased a Nokia E62, which is nice. But it isn't a Treo.
    There is no 800. As far as we know the 750 will come first, and the 680 soon afterward, to Cingular, as per their leaked road map.

Surur
    >>1.) Palm will be releasing two GSM Treos, a stripped down Palm OS version (680) and a Windows version (750).

>> - Are we to believe that Cingular (or another carrier) will release two phones at the same time running two different operating systems??
    >> If so, which will come first?

Well that's what Sprint did. Almost at the same time anyway. Most likely 750 first.

>>2.) Instead of a 750, it will be an 800.

No, just no.

>>3.) There are currently people testing the 750 for Cingular.

>> - Has anybody found or seen any FCC documentation for approval? I suppose it may not be required, but logic tells me it must be out there somewhere.

If you didn't see any previous Treo's FCC document, you won't see any up coming Treo's FCC doucment.

>>4.) The GSM model will hit the market in October or early November.

>> - Anybody able to substantiate this??

No one will substaniate it becuase anyone who knows the release date has signed the NDA. So it's always a gamble.

>>I am a stone's-throw from jumping to CDMA again. I'd sure like to know where this GSM version is and/or if it is real.

HSDPA coverage will no where as good as EVDO coverage in the first year anyway. It all depends on the signal you get where you live.
    I am hoping there will be 680 outside US market
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayrow View Post
    I am a guy who has been on this forum since the beginning and owned almost every Treo model....
    I feel like I've done this runaround-wait-for-the-new-model thing before...

I have read everything I can get my hands on regarding the next Treo.
    I have narrowed all the information to the following, with questions that nobody seems to be able to answer. Please tell me if I am insane....(or if you have an actual answer to the following):

1.) Palm will be releasing two GSM Treos, a stripped down Palm OS version (680) and a Windows version (750).

- Are we to believe that Cingular (or another carrier) will release two phones at the same time running two different operating systems??
    If so, which will come first?
    There is a different market for each phone so it would not be surprising to release both. However, a Palm rep for a local Cingular store said that the 750 is having some trouble with the HSDPA network and will take some time to get out. The 680 is doing well on tests and is likely to be released soon.

2.) Instead of a 750, it will be an 800.

- Why would they skip 750?
    - Does anybody actually have any solid proof that this is true??
    Because of the stated Vodafone exclusivity it was thought that if they did have WorldWide Exclusivity then Cingular could get around it by changing the design slightly and calling it the 800 and release it. However, it seems that Vodafone only has Europe exclusivity and Cingualr will be releasing the 750 on their network.

3.) There are currently people testing the 750 for Cingular.

- Has anybody found or seen any FCC documentation for approval? I suppose it may not be required, but logic tells me it must be out there somewhere.
    People are testing it, but I haven't seen anything to state that the Fcc has approved the Treo 750.

4.) The GSM model will hit the market in October or early November.

- Anybody able to substantiate this??
    AS stated above. The Palm rep stated that the treo 750 was having problems. He said that they are trying to get things fixed so they can have it release by Christmas, but it will be tight...

I am a stone's-throw from jumping to CDMA again. I'd sure like to know where this GSM version is and/or if it is real.
    I just purchased a Nokia E62, which is nice. But it isn't a Treo.
    It's real, but it will be a few months before it is released...
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    >>
    If you didn't see any previous Treo's FCC document, you won't see any up coming Treo's FCC doucment.
    Actually, the FCC notification was posted all over the place when the Treo 300 originally debuted.

I figured there might be one for any upcoming Treo just because is looks to be an almost redesign, although I am sure it is just the casing that is different.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj View Post
    It's real, but it will be a few months before it is released...
    Any reason for the large font
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    Any reason for the large font
    Attention to the point...
    at&t iPhone3G