1.    #1  
    My cellularone contract runs out soon and I am thinking of purchasing the Treo 700w or wx, but I'm not sure which one to go with. I have noticed that Sprints monthly fee is much less then Verizon, but I am concerned that their coverage won't be as good. I live in Oneonta, NY, which is equidistant between Albany and Binghamton on Interstate 88.

I have noticed on this forum where you can set the Sprint version to ROAM ONLY and it will roam off of verizon's towers, so i'm wondering if this is the way to go.

Please HELP me decide.

Thanks.
    Dom
    Choose one: better coverage, cheaper plans. (Verizon, Sprint.)
    VZW is the best upstate network.
    My dad has Sprint, and while they have improved, VZW is still the best.
    Each one's website has a coverage map.
    I'd look at those before deciding.
    Quote Originally Posted by FINFAN3DP View Post
    My cellularone contract runs out soon and I am thinking of purchasing the Treo 700w or wx, but I'm not sure which one to go with. I have noticed that Sprints monthly fee is much less then Verizon, but I am concerned that their coverage won't be as good. I live in Oneonta, NY, which is equidistant between Albany and Binghamton on Interstate 88.

I have noticed on this forum where you can set the Sprint version to ROAM ONLY and it will roam off of verizon's towers, so i'm wondering if this is the way to go.

Please HELP me decide.

Thanks.
    Dom
    You answered your own question. For voice you can lock it into roaming and roam on another carrier (Verizon, Alltel, US cellular, etc..) when the Sprint signal is weak. This is for voice and SMS only as data roaming will only work with Alltel. I generally don't have a problem with Sprint data even with 1 or 2 bars but I'm sure YMMV. So yes, it would be lower than Verizon for about the same size of network including roaming agreements. And yes Verizon has a big network because of roaming agreements, let's not forget.