Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Who needs an MP3 player when you have a mobile phone?
    Why stop at a few hundred songs, when you can pick from tens and thousands of radio stations, right on your mobile phone. Mundu Radio works on Treo phones to bring streaming internet radio stations to your mobile phone. All you need is a data connection (GPRS/CDMA).

I've been testing it out on my Treo 700p and I have noticed it connects faster than Pockettunes streaming radio.. It will also play music in the background while in other apps. The screen can be turned off and the music continues to play.

Just go the the website and download the installer it works solid on my Treo 700p!

http://radio.mundu.com/
    Is this a streaming website or an appplication??
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Its an application.You have to install it on your Treo and then Launch it. You aslo have to register for free to use it.
    Give it a try
    6 How much does Mundu Radio Cost?
    Currently Mundu Radio is free with the beta version.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Streaming internet radio is free if you have Pocket tunes Deluxe. I'm sure Mundu is not stupid enough to start charging....but you never know
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    Streaming internet radio is free if you have Pocket tunes Deluxe.
    So it uses pocket tunes delux? But your original post said it's faster?

I guess I don't know what exactly this product is, can you clarify?
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    So it uses pocket tunes delux? But your original post said it's faster?

I guess I don't know what exactly this product is, can you clarify?

Sorry for the confusion, I have both Pocket Tunes and Mundu Radio they are seperate apps that are unrelated but have the similar funcionality. I was just comparing the two against each other in terms of streaming radio. You do not need Pocket Tunes in order for Mundu Radio to work.
    Does it work off the SD card?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Does it work off the SD card?

I have it installed in RAM not sure if thats what you meant. Unless you meant if I can play music of the card then the answer in no. Only stream specific radio stations that the Mundu Radio app will find for you when it connects to the internet.
    To answer my question: I installed the application on the SD card and it runs fine from there if the application is on the screen. If I switch out (to play in the background), the streaming pauses and then resets the Treo.

Summary: Run this from the RAM, not the SD card.

I am using the standard Palm Applications launcher. Maybe those with Zlauncher or Powerrun etc will have better luck in running this off the SD card.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Tip: make sure you read and understand their "Privacy Policy" before you give them any of your personal details...
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970 View Post
    Tip: make sure you read and understand their "Privacy Policy" before you give them any of your personal details...
    Anything there that caught your eye as troubling? Seems pretty standard stuff to me ..
    http://radio.mundu.com/cmn/php/privacy_policy.php
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    trying it out has lots of potential seems to buffer faster then ptunes but noticed lots of skipping when working in background. it is beta and only could get better will like to see more content even sports stations that stream. Also noticed that some stations that you think you are streaming are not the station it says it is. Tried it on my 700P with my bluetooth headset and sag crashed each time works fine with my wired headsets.

Fred
    I'ts quiet impressive...

The company is based in India, and that makes it more so.

(I'ts huge though, at 630 KB)
    This is really cool for a beta player. I can even create my own channels. Awesome... I hope they keep going with the development. I have a Treo 700p and I really like the interface.

Al
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I really hope this service stays free... otherwise I'll stick with Pocket Tunes streaming Shoutcast.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Anyone managed to get a stream from conservative talk radio working? I've tried several with no luck.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Thanks for the share migs. I stream radio all the time.
    I will test it out before asking questions

Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm View Post
    trying it out has lots of potential seems to buffer faster then ptunes but noticed lots of skipping when working in background. it is beta and only could get better will like to see more content even sports stations that stream. Also noticed that some stations that you think you are streaming are not the station it says it is. Tried it on my 700P with my bluetooth headset and sag crashed each time works fine with my wired headsets.

Fred

So you mean you have SAG working on your 700P. I gave up.
    which version do you use?

anyone else get sag to work with the 700p. softick are really pieces of when it comes to this app on the 700p(upgrade)
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    also does anyone know of the other sites like shoutcast.com
    I lost my bookmarks
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I looked at this, and was able to play one of the predefined channels, but when I go to some of my favorite radio station's web sites, and look at the links to listen to the station over the internet, the urls are very different than those in mundo radio. If you look at at the radio stations on mundo radio, the urls are in the form of an ip addressort. Those on the web sites are in the form of a url. I don't know how to translate the URLs for my favorite radio stations into the ipaddressort that I see on mundo radio. If I'm doing something wrong I would appreciate an explanation or a website that might explain this better. Thanks, Richard
    Last edited by rfdillon; 09/29/2006 at 10:58 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast