Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Doesn't the normal URL work in MunduRadio? Hve you tried it?

If you need the numeric IP address for a URL, type

nslookup <hostname> in a DOS box

For example in below, the 1st set is my Domain name server, the 2nd set is the IP address of www.treocentral.com

nslookup www.treocentral.com
    Server: dns-cac-lb-01.ohiordc.rr.com
    Address: 65.24.7.3

Non-authoritative answer:
    Name: www.treocentral.com
    Address: 67.19.190.244
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Thanks, Aprasad, for trying to help with this. I am acquainted with nslookup, but that won't help with this. Yes, I have tried to place the URLs in mundo radio, but after trying 6 or so different URLs, and having none of them work, I don't know what next to do. Radio station web sites that I have perused don't give their streams in the IP address port format.
    On a related note, I ran across this web site in my search for radio stations, and from PIE, you can the lightning bolt icon for those radio stations that broadcast on the internet, and several of them work. Those that use real media streams don't work, of course, (unless you have a real player app installed, which I do not) but I was surprised that tcpmp and WM both played different radio stations simply from the link on this web site:
    http://www.radio-locator.com/
    Anyone else can shed light on how to add one of our favorite radio stations in the mundo radio web app? Thanks again, Richard
    This is in beta. It may not be implemented yet. Maybe we should contact Mundu and ask them.

I am playing wait-and-see with this. I have a few NPR stations in ptunes that I have bookmarked.

Is there anything (other than a different UI) that MunduRadio would add to someone with pTunes?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Great....now I really can get rid of Pocket Tunes...TKS!
    Last edited by Brazu; 10/03/2006 at 07:38 AM.
    I got rid of Ptunes ages ago as it would incessantly crash my 650....tcpmp has been a great replacement and now with a [temporarily?] free streaming service I'll never look at ptunes again!

....except that Mundu has a lot of connection issues for me Lots of lost connections and half-second skips, which really gets irritating when listening to NPR! But hey, it's still in beta...
    Running it off the SD card works fine unless you want to leave Mundu with the radio playing in background in which case you get the DOINK soft reset every time....
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Actually I get soft resets no matter what when I try to leave Mundu Radio running in background.

Can anyone on Cingular get it to run in background?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970 View Post
    Tip: make sure you read and understand their "Privacy Policy" before you give them any of your personal details...
    ya, I was going to say;
    Nothing is FREE. They use your personal info to make $$

Like Google... read the FINE print.

Things like this is why people on the internet use FAke identities..
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12