1.    #1  
    T mo has f**in starved us ..
    There was no 650 , had to buy unlocked one . I hate T Mo for not getting enough new smartphones.
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual View Post
    T mo has f**in starved us ..
    There was no 650 , had to buy unlocked one . I hate T Mo for not getting enough new smartphones.
    I prefer an unlocked phone. I prefer not to purchase from carriers. I prefer T-mo (but am a Cingular customer because of local coverage.)
    I think T-mobile needs ?hit or get off the pot when it comes to the Treo line up. IMO, I do think they are going to get up to date with the Treo line up. They are starting to offer a better line up of phones period which is a start.
    at&t iPhone3G
    T-Mobile, I think/hope/pray, is having a change of direction in terms of handsets it offers. The Dash is apparently coming in October (HTC's answer to the Q). Samsung PDA phone (not full QWERTY). Maybe if I read the tea leaves right they'll move from the MDA to the TyTN in order to keep up with Cingular's 8125 --> 8525 dance.

T-Mobile has to do this, I think. They've invested great wads of dough in the latest spectrum auction. They have to offer phones to use it.

God, I hope T-Mo gets the 750. They were real stinkers to pass on the 650. Meh. I have two unlocked 650's from Amazon on T-Mobile right now. They work fine (mostly -- data speed sucks on the tower by my house) but I'd really like to have a fully-supported device when I call tech support.
    Didn't TMo just brought the spectrum from FCC? It will take years before they can inprement the 3G technology.
    I have no expectations that T-Mobile will ever have a Treo again. They are obsessed with their blackberries and sidekicks. I had them for over 10 years (even before they were T-Mobile) and finally left them for Verizon (temporarily) while waiting for a UMTS Treo. I'll also say that I have seen both Cingular and Verizon significantly improve their coverage in my area while T-Mobile hasn't improved at all over the years. Great service, but lack of phones and coverage was the final straw for me. I'm gettting a Cingular Treo 750 the second I can order one.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Didn't TMo just brought the spectrum from FCC? It will take years before they can inprement the 3G technology.
    I don't think it'll take them that long to build out their 3G network. They are already doing 3G trials in some areas. It doesn't make sense to tie up 4+ billion for years. They'll want to start recouping their costs ASAP.

I recommend checking out Howard Forums for some interesting reading about this.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I have no expectations that T-Mobile will ever have a Treo again. They are obsessed with their blackberries and sidekicks. I had them for over 10 years (even before they were T-Mobile) and finally left them for Verizon (temporarily) while waiting for a UMTS Treo. I'll also say that I have seen both Cingular and Verizon significantly improve their coverage in my area while T-Mobile hasn't improved at all over the years. Great service, but lack of phones and coverage was the final straw for me. I'm gettting a Cingular Treo 750 the second I can order one.
    And there is no unlocked 3G Treo on the horizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot View Post
    I don't think it'll take them that long to build out their 3G network. They are already doing 3G trials in some areas. It doesn't make sense to tie up 4+ billion for years. They'll want to start recouping their costs ASAP.

I recommend checking out Howard Forums for some interesting reading about this.
    Well the thing is... just by common sense you can tell TMo is not picking up a new Treo. Why? becuase they are picking up every other Treo wantabe or competitor. They have blackberry, which doesn'tmake sense becuase they don't deal with business, so they get the non-business Blackberry Pearl. And then they have the sidekicks. And then they are picking up that ugly HTC phone (whose name I don't remember becuase the name is even uglier.) So there you have it.

If they pick up the Sony m600 then T Mobile will have a complete collection of Treo killers, from every other OS!