Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    They showed a dark blue 750v in the video, though. It also looks dark blue on the Palm UK site.
    the color looks nice on the new 750v
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    This looks like it also uses miniSD card. hmm...that kinda sucks having to invest in another type memory card.
    What sucks about it is that the new type of memory is always more expensive. SD cards are dirt cheap now.
    Looks like this story has made the rounds. At least PalmInfoCenter credited this thread, but pretty much nobody else did.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    What sucks about it is that the new type of memory is always more expensive. SD cards are dirt cheap now.
    Now that micro-sd is out, mini has gone down a little too, but obviously not as much as full SD. And we're limited to 2GB because the new 4GB mini supposedly uses the SD 2.0 standard. I don't think too many devices have the 2.0 standard, as of now.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    I was thinking of going from my 8125 to a tytn. Now I'll have to see what specs the 750 offers...

I haven't missed much of my 650. My 600 was great. I got sucked in by that beautiful screen. Still have them both for some reason...

The one thing I DO miss is the form factor. The Treo is elegant in a way that nothing else can touch to this day...

I'd do a 750 with a WiFi card if all the other specs are up to at least "standard" for memory, processor speed, etc...
    They have announced a Vodafone launch date of October 2nd. I am going to be in London on the 2nd but only connecting through. I wonder if they have a location at the airport if I could buy a 750V with no plan? sick of waiting on Cingular.
    They showed a dark blue 750v in the video, though. It also looks dark blue on the Palm UK site.
    It looks like the Blackberry blue.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman View Post
    I was thinking of going from my 8125 to a tytn. Now I'll have to see what specs the 750 offers...

I haven't missed much of my 650. My 600 was great. I got sucked in by that beautiful screen. Still have them both for some reason...

The one thing I DO miss is the form factor. The Treo is elegant in a way that nothing else can touch to this day...

I'd do a 750 with a WiFi card if all the other specs are up to at least "standard" for memory, processor speed, etc...
    the design is last thing that palm has going for it. i thought i would never get a palm device again but the new form factor is not that bad looking but it lacks some features i was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by txschafers View Post
    They have announced a Vodafone launch date of October 2nd. I am going to be in London on the 2nd but only connecting through. I wonder if they have a location at the airport if I could buy a 750V with no plan? sick of waiting on Cingular.
    if you can oull that off, we def need to see some pictures of your new toy.
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    the design is last thing that palm has going for it. i thought i would never get a palm device again but the new form factor is not that bad looking but it lacks some features i was looking for.

if you can oull that off, we def need to see some pictures of your new toy.
    I have a 2 and a half lay over in Heathrow on my way to Moscow. if I can get it without a contract I am going to buy one.
    Actually.....since the phone is goign to be locked to Vodafone I will end up with a very expensive paperweight. May need to rethink this. Or Cingular could just launch the freakin thing!!!!!
    Actually.....since the phone is goign to be locked to Vodafone I will end up with a very expensive paperweight. May need to rethink this. Or Cingular could just launch the freakin thing!!!!!
    Is Desperation obscuring reasoning?

I am to the point that the next 3G, WM released by Cing has got my money.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    I have a 2 and a half lay over in Heathrow on my way to Moscow. if I can get it without a contract I am going to buy one.
    You will not get one without a contract in the UK.

If you were going to Hong Kong or Singapore you might have a chance!
    If they're really selling unlocked Vodafones from Hong Kong or Singapore, what are they getting for them? I'd think a whole lot at this time. I'd wait a while. Maybe Cingular will finally get them out by December or January. I know it's a wait TX, but do you really want to pay a whole lot for this phone?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    As stated earlier.....a desperate post on my part. Like most on this site I am a gadget freak and am dieing for a new phone. Reality is I will leave with and return from Europe with my 8700 unfortunatly.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    In Singapore, the unlock Black Tie T650 is selling around S$900 (US$ 600) with some freebrees such as extra battery, 512K SD card, pouch, and free Palm PDA (i think it is the basic one). S$200 off with local carrier contract (2 years). As 3G service in Singapore is very popular and Dopod 838 pro or SE P990i is selling around S$ 1000, I don't think T680 would be selling higher than S$ 700. Nokia E62 and SE 600i which are all UTMS capable are selling around S$ 750. T680 would need to compete with other 2.5G devises to attract consumer.
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
    I would prefer an unbranded unlocked phone. Even if Cingular unlocks, it will still be "their's". I may be waiting along with Tastypeppers.

On another note, you got sick of the kitten, huh?
    Not a chance. WM, yech. Do not want to buy through a carrier; industry practice, branding, and unlocking issues. Do not need UMTS until after the Cingular build out.

Glad my 650 is such a nice device. All kinds of opportunities to spend money on it, e.g., 2G SD card, updated TomTom.
    I would prefer an unbranded unlocked phone. Even if Cingular unlocks, it will still be "their's". I may be waiting along with Tastypeppers.

I am tired of advertising for Cingular. My endorsement is worth more than they are willing to pay.

I am a person who others go to when they are faced with cellular decisions. They see my phone and the Cingular logo tells them something.
    Just ordered mine this morning apparently they will ship out on Monday. Hot!
    http://www.cti-miami.com/Treo-750-pr-16953.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers on 9/23/06 View Post
    Latest Cingular rumor today. My 9-year old daughter's soccer coach works for Cingular. Was wearing a Treo cap at the game today (said he'd get me one). Two months to 750. Feed yet another useless date into the hopper for when this thing will be available to normal citizens.
    that also goes along very well with the projected Nov. 14th date.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast