Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 93
  1. #21  
    Even if it does take a while, I'll still wait for an unlocked. Cingular will demand another long contract and if I don't do it, I have to pay full price anyway. I'd rather get an unlocked for the price.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  2. #22  
    I get it for 30% off full retail from cingular since I am a rep. I have been waiting for something worthly to replace my Treo 650 and HTC wizard. This or the HTC tytn.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco



    HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers View Post
    I just went to our corporate Cingular site and it must be getting updated since it only has about 5 phones and they are all the clamshell inexpensive ones. Maybe a Treo is going to show up this weekend or Monday?!
    That would be lovely. Especially since as of October 5th (or around there) I am able to "upgrade my phone" as Cingular puts it. Yay for discounts. Now, only if I had the money in the first place instead of being so damn broke lol
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
  4. #24  
    Looks like Cingular will be releasing two different Treos. It seems the Cingular 750 will only run Windows Mobile and there will not be a Palm version of the 750. The 680 will be the Palm version. Some sites are saying the 680 (p) will be cheaper and likely less tricked out, i.e. less RAM and lesser cam. One site even said no 3G or Bluetooth, but the pic of the 680 clearly shows the BT icon, and they'd be stupid to not add 3G at this point, as people would just pass the unit by for cheaper phones that have better cameras and faster radios. If they leave 3G off of the 680, I'd have to consider going WinMob against my better judgement. Maybe that's what Palm wants. Just starve the Palm OS beast since Access is a no show with the Palm OS replacement, ALP OS.

    But then, I could be wrong about all of this.
  5. TazUk's Avatar
    Posts
    689 Posts
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by rexray View Post
    ...and they'd be stupid to not add 3G at this point, as people would just pass the unit by for cheaper phones that have better cameras and faster radios.
    The whole point is it will be a cheaper phone and so therefore will have a lower spec to stop it competing with the other Treo's. From the details that we have so far it looks like they've just taken a 650 and stuck it in a 750v casing.
  6. #26  
    Nice catches. Considering that this can be our considered weekend buzz leak; in about two weeks I'd expect something even more major (release even???).
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

    Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Even if it does take a while, I'll still wait for an unlocked. Cingular will demand another long contract and if I don't do it, I have to pay full price anyway. I'd rather get an unlocked for the price.

    also, you will maybe have features that cingular might disable. i think we may start seeing unlocked 750 on ebay soon. vodaphone probably will start shipping their units soon.
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    you are dreaming. and if a treo does show up next week i will buy you a twinkie
    Actually, on a data conference call that we had on Thursday, one of the product managers stated that he was currently testing a 750. I work for a Cingular authorized retailer.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I would prefer an unbranded unlocked phone. Even if Cingular unlocks, it will still be "their's". I may be waiting along with Tastypeppers.

    On another note, you got sick of the kitten, huh?
    Yup...the cat is history!
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    you are dreaming. and if a treo does show up next week i will buy you a twinkie
    Just thinking positive....and have my fingers and toes crossed!
  11. #31  
    You all can get a loan from your bank to by a new Treo, that's your choice. As for me, I can't justify paying for anything just because they changed a few numbers in '650' and threw a letter on at the end. I'm not stepping forward until Palm does first. Of course it could be that I'm wrong and there are significant upgrades, but from what I've seen so far, it doesn't appear that way.

    Quick question, who here is lucky enough to live in one of the whopping 52 cities in which Cingular offers 3G?


  12. #32  
    Me. I'm getting one the second I can order it. I do agree that their coverage needs to improve, but with a UMTS you can get 3G where available here and elsewhere in the world. I think the CDMA vendors have much better coverage here in the U.S. so far, but then I have a brick in the rest of the world.

    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode View Post
    You all can get a loan from your bank to by a new Treo, that's your choice. As for me, I can't justify paying for anything just because they changed a few numbers in '650' and threw a letter on at the end. I'm not stepping forward until Palm does first. Of course it could be that I'm wrong and there are significant upgrades, but from what I've seen so far, it doesn't appear that way.

    Quick question, who here is lucky enough to live in one of the whopping 52 cities in which Cingular offers 3G?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode View Post

    Quick question, who here is lucky enough to live in one of the whopping 52 cities in which Cingular offers 3G?
    I do, too. And four out of the five cities that I most frequently travel to have it as well. Unless there is some nasty surprise yet to be revealed, I will be buying a Cingular 750 as soon as it is available.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by eimajuno View Post
    I get it for 30% off full retail from cingular since I am a rep. I have been waiting for something worthly to replace my Treo 650 and HTC wizard. This or the HTC tytn.
    We have a 50% corp discount with Cingular. Can wait for this to come out.
  15. #35  
    LOL. A 50% discount means nothing, unfortunately, because Premier adjusts the retail price based on your discounts.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by 9thfloormaniac View Post
    Actually, on a data conference call that we had on Thursday, one of the product managers stated that he was currently testing a 750. I work for a Cingular authorized retailer.
    testing and being out next week are two very different things. the 750 started testing with cingular some four to five weeks ago from what i heard. the pace that cingular introduces phones we might see this 750 in a couple of months.
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by NetGuyR View Post
    LOL. A 50% discount means nothing, unfortunately, because Premier adjusts the retail price based on your discounts.
    Last Treo 650 I bought was $199 and the 8125 I had was $240. Seems like a good discount to me. No contract involved either meaning I can swap phones whenever I need to. I am currently using a BB 8700 I for for $240 and it, as were all the other phones, unlocked.
  18. #38  
    Latest Cingular rumor today. My 9-year old daughter's soccer coach works for Cingular. Was wearing a Treo cap at the game today (said he'd get me one). Two months to 750. Feed yet another useless date into the hopper for when this thing will be available to normal citizens.
  19. #39  
    The Vodaphone 750v looks like it is black in color and the Cingular will be blue in color. Why do the europeans always have the things I prefer?
    iPhone 8GB on T-Mo
  20. #40  
    They showed a dark blue 750v in the video, though. It also looks dark blue on the Palm UK site.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions