Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Colligan can't help talking about the new Treo.

Story here
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post

Story here
    The implication of your remark is that he leaks because he is an enthusiast. I assert that the leaks by design and intent. He is pond scum.

Story here
    ""We expect to see if offered by than 20 carrier partners worldwide by the end of our fiscal year."

Do not make the mistake of equating Palm's fiscal year with the calendar year. The first quarter of Palm's fiscal year has just ended. Colligan is talking about mid 2007. He is pond scum.
  4.    #4  
    Definitely by intent, no question about that. Guess I was just being playful with my tone.

I understand about the fiscal year, but he DID say "coming weeks" for the release, which is good news.

As for him being pond scum, well, business is business, eh?
    ..........As for him being pond scum, well, business is business, eh?
    The implication is that all business is the same. I still hold Johnson & Johnson stock but I unloaded my HP stock before it dropped 5% in one day. I unloaded my Palm stock late.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    The implication is that all business is the same. I still hold Johnson & Johnson stock but I unloaded my HP stock before it dropped 5% in one day. I unloaded my Palm stock late.
    aHA - the true souce of your bitterness.
    we'll see how many weeks the "coming weeks" means
    aHA - the true souce of your bitterness.
    Not; I could afford to lose the money. The true source of my bitterness is the sleazy business practices of Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by horatiub View Post
    we'll see how many weeks the "coming weeks" means
    You mean we will see how long Palm can diddle us.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    If your so peeved with Palm why do you still keep coming back here
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    If your so peeved with Palm why do you still keep coming back here
    I am loyal to POS; Palm is now the only game in town for POS.

"As previously reported, Palm had already adjusted its earnings expectations down. Palm sold 569,000 Treo units, up 21% year over year despite very heavy competition. This number was still lower-than-expected, however, due not to business to business sales but to competition in the retail space."

Retail; that is us guys. Given the way they treat us, it is no wonder they did not make their numbers.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    Retail; that is us guys. Given the way they treat us, it is no wonder they did not make their numbers.
    Ok - so what exactly is your beef? Can you be more specific?
    For me, I would probably buy a new phone every 9 months or so and I have a strong bias to Palm. Failure to deliver product to the GSM sector probably cost them one possibly two sales to me.

Am I typical? Maybe not but I am typical in that I indirectly influence purchasers in the more casual market. One this week in fact, converted to a Sprint 700p because of my recommendation and Treo's email capability.

Am I typical of TC-ers? Individually we matter a little bit but we influence sales.

Will I be influencing towards an HTC product in 12 months?
    I'm more interested in the 2nd article. They fell down in the retail competition. I am not surprised, however. Their slowness in releasing updated phones with properly updated features costs them. That's MY beef with them. They are too slow and then too cheap to put what is needed on their "current" phones! Their phones are almost(that's ALMOST) about one year obsolete feature-wise when they hit the market!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Ok - so what exactly is your beef? Can you be more specific?
    Well, a review of TC would give you an idea. I have not been reticent.

Here is a little list:

• Generally misleading customers
    • Secret agreements secretly arrived at
    • Favoritism among customers (specifically CDMA over GSM, carriers over retail)
    • Strategic use of leaking in preference to candid announcements (in part to pump up their stock)
    • Failure to deliver as promised
    • Manipulation of the market for their stock
    • Abandonment of POS (for money?)
    • Failure to include features desired by end-users for no other reason than that carriers do not want them

While I admit that theirs is a generally disorderly market place, they are one of the least ethical competitors in a generally unethical industry.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    I think it's a side effect of all these exclusivity deals Palm keeps signing with the carriers. If you've got one carrier worldwide selling a particular phone, even if it's popular it's not going to sell in huge numbers.
    Especially when the carrier also offers MANY phones that DO have updated features.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Unless you can get it for 150 with contract, I won't consider it cheap.

I wonder if 650 GSM owners will "downgrade" to it?
    Not me.

So the new Treo 680 (low cost treo) is just really a re-packaged 650 as far as I can tell. Well I guess that's good for people what want that.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast