1.    #1  
    Just received my 700p from verizon and am wondering if they charge for using the phone as a tethered modem via USB. I have the unlimited data plan and am currently connected to the internet through my Treo using USB Modem. I'm just not sure if VZN charges extra fees for using the phone as a modem. Anyone know if they do? Has anyone used USB Modem or Pdanet and not been charged verizon's fees (if they have them)?

Any insite greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jon
    Yes I am in the same situation and wonder if you ever got an answer to this post???
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    verizon will be happy to charge you.
    as of yet now (2 years) i have not been charged extra ( i have unlimited data) for moderate tethering using pdanet
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    VZW charges approx. $15 per month for tethering. However, thanks to programs like PDANet and USBmodem VZW customers with data plans can get around this.

I have unlimited data and use PDAnet. Never heard a peep from about extra fees from VZW.
    Does this mean that PDANet makes it look like you are browsing the web on the phone and can't tell that you are tethered to a Laptop etc?
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Just a little note. VZW does have the ability to cancel your service if you are using the tethered solution with out the feature. Just so you know
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    VZW charges approx. $15 per month for tethering. However, thanks to programs like PDANet and USBmodem VZW customers with data plans can get around this.

I have unlimited data and use PDAnet. Never heard a peep from about extra fees from VZW.
    Are you using it as a modem or using the "by proxy" feature?
    modem