1.    #1  
    I've got a 700p dummy for parts, but I can't take it apart and I don't want to break anything by using brute force (like how I ruined my Treo 650). Just wondering what the proper way of opening up a 700p dummy? Thanks.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    I can't help you with your question, but curious as to what you are trying to do? Can the 700P use the 650 guts?
  3.    #3  
    haha exactly what I'm trying to do. It seems that some of the screws are aligned differently, and the mic is in a different place, but whatever, why not try?

The battery compartment and the fake stylus don't really want to come off my dummy, and I need to get in there to get my torx driver in and open up the dummy.

EDIT: Never mind, got it open. Just took a little bit of force and delicate work...hahah and a blowdryer. bwahahah Everything's dissembled except for the damned fake ringer switch which I can't take out! ARGH!

EDIT 2: OK got it all open, and then I tore apart my 650 and tried to stuff it in. Spacings are JUST different enough that it won't fit. Sooo close though. Oh well...time to use the dummy for its primary purpose:

...a holder for my crystal case...haha
    Last edited by +Kardboard+; 09/21/2006 at 02:44 AM.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA