1.    #1  
    Hello!

I am very interested in buying a Treo 650 or 700 with the Palm OS.
    BUT, I need to be able to display and input Japanese language. Does anyone have any experience with this, i.e., downloading language support/input method editor for the Palm OS in these machines?
    Thank you very much!

Sincerely,
    Ben
    CJKOS supports Chinese/Korean/japanese. There is some bug with 700p.

I don't know if there is a dedicate Japanese program.
    Hmm, I have CJKOS running on my 700P and I am not aware of a bug - can you please explain?
  4.    #4  
    However, I don't understand the term CJKOS. Is this "Chinese Japanese Korean Operating System"? I guess that this is a downloadable program?
    Thanks!
    Ben
    ^^^^
    Here, http://www.dyts.com/en/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by brichter21 View Post
    Hmm, I have CJKOS running on my 700P and I am not aware of a bug - can you please explain?
    Search on the forum you will find the old thread. Most of the google xhtml mobile pages don't work, amoung others. Sometimes it causes reset.

My biggest complaint is however Chinese on orb.com doesn't display correctly. I have 400+ music videos and I can't play them.
    Quote Originally Posted by benjireally View Post
    Hello!

I am very interested in buying a Treo 650 or 700 with the Palm OS.
    BUT, I need to be able to display and input Japanese language. Does anyone have any experience with this, i.e., downloading language support/input method editor for the Palm OS in these machines?
    Thank you very much!

Sincerely,
    Ben
    Hi Ben,
    I tried to install J-OS onto the 700p but could not get it to work. If you find a solution that you like please let us know.