1.    #1  
    Today was picture day at AYSO Region 13, at the Rose Bowl. Treos everywhere. This is Pasadena/Altadena/La Canada.

Maybe Palm ain't so dumb. The Treo Demographic isn't TC. It is soccer moms and dads. My wife lives amongst these pagans daily and tells me that a Treo is the latest status symbol. She is proud that she was ahead of the curve because she got mine.

These people don't care about wifi. They don't care about the stuff we whine about. They want functionality and status.
    Same here....my son's first game today Montebello Region, their first loss .
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Today was picture day at AYSO Region 13, at the Rose Bowl. Treos everywhere. This is Pasadena/Altadena/La Canada.

Maybe Palm ain't so dumb. The Treo Demographic isn't TC. It is soccer moms and dads. My wife lives amongst these pagans daily and tells me that a Treo is the latest status symbol. She is proud that she was ahead of the curve because she got mine.

These people don't care about wifi. They don't care about the stuff we whine about. They want functionality and status.
    Tasty, love your post. If you dug hard enough, you'd find many of mine stipulating the same. Yes, Treos have made their way into corporate america as well (perhaps you and i), but i'm seeing more and more of the "soccer mom/dad" type than anyone else. spend some time in orange county too (i'm in your area, r u with sprint??) and you would absolutely be amazed at the number of them around the hotel pool decks. Treos (especially WM5) are quite easy to function and perhaps easier to use than blackberries, but it will be interesting to see how many of these "soccer types" switch over to the Pearl (Pearl's screen may be to small for me). I so agree with what you said above. i'll go a step further and say many if not the majority use a treo for phone and texting only, and then there are those that might even know how to use its internet function. we here on TC are a different bunch, and if you think about it, are a very, very small sample of the universe.
    There are a shocking number of people who own Treo's who have never installed the Palm software on their computer, never hotsynced, never set up a conduit...it would be interesting to know the percentage. I bet its high, maybe even 50%.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer Lucas View Post
    There are a shocking number of people who own Treo's who have never installed the Palm software on their computer, never hotsynced, never set up a conduit...it would be interesting to know the percentage. I bet its high, maybe even 50%.
    My wife is one of Those People. I have to periodically grab her Treo, cable it to the PC, and push the button, just to give her some semblence of backup.

And then there are some of us who have installed too much stuff on our Treos, on a lark. We freeze our Treos, put them in perpetual loops and hangs, forget to use a backup program . . . . . and gripe endlessly because what we really want is a Cray in our pocket with iPod-like ease of use. For under $100. Please.