1.    #1  
    Today all of sudden my dpad and the keys around it are creaky on my flawless blemish free, brand new wx. The OK and start creak when I hit them and my u and t buttons are soft. I keep hitting them 2 times because they lost their bounce. Sould I return it.

I haven't spilt any thing around the phone. No ones has borrowed it.

What in the world could have happened?
    Palm may have happened.
    I hope it snaps back into shape though, returning things is a major hassle.

You didn't drop it, did you?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    The keys on my 700p started doing that as well except on the left side. My first 700p lost the bounce on its 'A' key (reason I returned it). I'd suggest exchanging it because no bounce or tactile feedback makes keying very annoying.
  4.    #4  
    No I haven't dropped it, not even on carpet, not even in my lap. It has'nt even gotten dirty yet. I haven't even needed to do the routine wipe down with the lint free rag to get the smudges off, like I always use to do with my T600 and T650.

My left, right and up, the softkeys also the start and OK make a crack noise when pushed.

I've never had this happen on any Treo. This sux. CS is either going to argue with me about replacing it or there going to give a referb.

My daughter spilt milk on/in my 6700 last year and it never phased the keys. I had to hold it -KB down- to drain the milk out but You'd never have known it.

I guess I better try out a back up program. Sprint techs for some reason think you have to hard reset the phone to check out button problems.
    Palm happened then.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6.    #6  
    Good morning PhoneDiva. Ya know, they can't all be made like Nokia's, wish they were.

Daver42,

Did you call the local store or the main corporate number? so did you exchange it in person or threw the mail?
  7.    #7  
    Well I took the phone in, the tech took it apart, cleaned it and it still creaked.
    When they gave it back to me I pointed out that it was now all chipped up on the side seams. It looked like the tech must have taken the phone apart with a butter knife!!!

They sent me to another location to get a replacement.
    Good luck with the replacement! Sounds like you finally found the model you were looking for!

9.    #9  
    Thanks. If this one gets creaky I'll keep it till a Nokia PPC pda phone comes out. From what I can tell they have the highest quality hardware.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I doubt there are any refurbs around for that phone. If mine started creaking within a few days, I would take it back and get a new one. No need to troubleshoot, I will just take a new one...