1.    #1  
    I recently did an ESN swap between my wife's newly activated Treo 700p and my Sprint flip phone...

Now, whenever she calls with her phone, the Treo 700p caller ID display says "voicemail" is calling (apparently the Treo thinks it still has the old number somewhere in its memory banks...).

Has anyone seen this? How do I fix the problem?
  2.    #2  
    I can't believe I've stumped all of Treo Central on this...or maybe I just need a catchy title like "Proof That All Treos Will Self-Destruct By Midnight Friday Night..."
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    You may want to check your Contacts and see if there's entry for Voicemail. Open up the details and see if your old number/your wife's number is there. Modify or remove the entry if it is.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    This sounds like a carrier issue and not a Treo issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc View Post
    You may want to check your Contacts and see if there's entry for Voicemail. Open up the details and see if your old number/your wife's number is there. Modify or remove the entry if it is.
    That would be my guess as well.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the suggestions...there is no contact listed as "Voicemail," the phone just seems to know that her number is "voicemail."

I've also checked all the places where the phone stores "my phone number is..." without finding a problem.

It probably is a Sprint issue...
    If her number is in contacts at all, delete it and see what happens.
  8.    #8  
    When I delete her contact info, calls to/from her number show up as "Voicemail" in caller ID.

If I create a contact for her, calls to/from her number do get her personal ring and picture, but it still shows "voicemail" as her name.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    This happens on my Treo as well! I am on T-Mobile. Anytime I have a voicemail and haven't checked it, I get a call every half hour from voicemail or myself! It's weird and doesn't happen with my other phones, just the Treo. It started when T-Mobile got the VM Icon working.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  10.    #10  
    I only get calls from "voicemail" that are actually calls from my wife using her Sprint call phone (this Treo used to be active on her current phone number).
    I think I had the same problem when I did an ESN swap - did you check the number in the Favorites button for "Voicemail"? Seems that I had to change that as that is a manually entered number.
  12.    #12  
    Ah, now we've gotten somewhere!

I went into my favorites and the phone number was correct (Voicemail was listed as my correct #), but this got me starting to think...

The voicemail favorite button is one that you cannot edit or delete, but I noticed that it was sequentially before my wife's favorites button. Thinking that maybe the Treo searches through them sequentially, I moved the voicemail favorites button to after my wife's favorite button. Voila! It's fixed. Calls from her phone now show up on caller ID as her and not "voicemail."

In the final analysis, I am not sure what happened. It could be that the Treo sees her number first in the favorites buttons or it could be that the very act of moving the voicemail favorites button updated a piece of data somewhere...who knows--it's a Treo.

Thanks for all for the posts and the help.