Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by u_m_rasmussen View Post
    The 680 may well be the exact same casing and form-factor as the 700v, as they both are antenna-less and have a 1200mAH battey.
    ...minus infra-red. Some people are still holding out hope for a SD card instead of miniSD.

Surur
    i have a feeling the 680 is the same as the 750v, except the screen... and hopefully a SD slot instead of miniSD...

perhaps, Palm is trying to do something like Boot Camp?
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    ...minus infra-red. Some people are still holding out hope for a SD card instead of miniSD.

Surur

Is it possible that it could be a CDMA version? For Sprint or Verizon? Verizon has been the beta tester for Palm with the 700W.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    I simply DO NOT fathom why Palm is leaving out IR. I can BARELY begin to fathom why they might replace SD with Mini SD but removing IR? It's not like maintaining IR as a legacy wireless standard brings similar tradeoffs that parallel and serial ports on a laptop do.

If I run into someone I haven't seen in years at a tradeshow and am pressed for time, a quick IR biz card beam works SO much better than a fiddly BT setup/beam routine...and what if the person I run into is still making do with a Zire, T|E, or Treo 600 and doesn't have BT? Sigh....Palm needs to learn that subtracting BASIC features doesn't make them "hip" nor does it save their beancounters any significant amount of $.

Look at the anguish over the original Pilot not having a backlit LCD or the original Zire losing a backlight and two hard buttons.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    Is it possible that it could be a CDMA version? For Sprint or Verizon? Verizon has been the beta tester for Palm with the 700W.
    No information about this, even in rumour, but most people expect the form factor will make its way to CDMA sometime towards the middle of next year. By then the CDMA devices will have been out for 15-18 months, and due for a refresh.

Surur
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12