1.    #1  
    Details here

Was just surfing the Palm site and saw the above promotion. Buy the 700 series from Palm and then send back your 650 for a cool $125 rebate. This might be interesting if the 700p or 750p comes out on Cingular as scheduled next week?
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Hmmmm, a Cingular Rep told me December before any 700 Series was going to be released. They would not say what phone (W or P).
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLuce View Post
    Hmmmm, a Cingular Rep told me December before any 700 Series was going to be released. They would not say what phone (W or P).
    Where is Perry when we need him?
    You can get much more than $125 for your 650 if you can be bothered to sell it on eBay or the forums here.
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE View Post
    Details here

Was just surfing the Palm site and saw the above promotion. Buy the 700 series from Palm and then send back your 650 for a cool $125 rebate. This might be interesting if the 700p or 750p comes out on Cingular as scheduled next week?
    Prepare for a bumpy wild ride if you take this route!!! & a spec of patience will be in order!!!

Search forPalm Tradeups threads for more info!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Keep in mind...some TC members got screwed last time.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I would hope that the Treo 650 should be worth more than $125 if you try selling it elsewhere.

Don't be conned into thinking that Palm isn't turning around and selling your Treo 650 to others as "open" units or using them as replacement units.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    I remember reading about that. I would never trade it in to them. Yes, much more money on Ebay. That's the route im taking when im ready to sell.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    I'd buy it from you at that price! I'll prepay on paypal if you're afraid of getting screwed.

$125 is worse than the trade in value the dealership gives you for your car. At least you're "only" getting about 15-20% less than the private party sale value. The going rate for a 650 is about $250, so Palm is giving you a trade in value 50% less than private party sale. At that rate they'll make more from the used-phone business than the new-phone business. Maybe their taking a page from the auto dealers?
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Keep in mind...some TC members got screwed last time.
    That's how I got duped!!! I ended up getting paid, but I wouldn't go that route in the future...
    WiggyFife, I remember that...I just hope Palm & that company stopped their crap.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    WiggyFife, I remember that...I just hope Palm & that company stopped their crap.
    In the end, I got what was promised to me, I just don't think Palm shoulda gone that route...
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I'm praeching to the choir here, but 100% don't trade it in. Not only will you get your rebate 6 months later, but you'll get less for it. More deals will come, and more better... er, yeah, :P.

Wing Yew
    BoxWave Treo Accessories
    Last edited by BoxWave; 10/04/2006 at 04:54 PM.