Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Have to say that that rings true to me....but I still want a POS phone! If that (correctly) labels me as a computer-obsessive weedy geek, so be it!
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Sure that's true of some people but it hardly describes the views of a whole continent
    First of all, most secondary countries like to flood to whatever that's popular in the U.S. See Britney Spear and the top ten box office if you don't believe me.

Second, European tend to like to pick the non-Microsoft product over the MS one. Fun fact, do you know the Xbox 360 is tie with PS2 in term of sales in the U.S. but is being out sold by the PS2 5 to 1 in Europe?

So yeah, I think there is alot of potential market in Europe.
    These are also the same people who take vacations every other day and for like 3 weeks at a time. With that said, they do tend to be more into the "smart" phone concept..more phonecentric. Whereas we are becoming more pda-centric. But Blackberry is still hugely popular there, so obviously there's a need for a keyboard still.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    First of all, most secondary countries like to flood to whatever that's popular in the U.S. See Britney Spear and the top ten box office if you don't believe me.

Second, European tend to like to pick the non-Microsoft product over the MS one. Fun fact, do you know the Xbox 360 is tie with PS2 in term of sales in the U.S. but is being out sold by the PS2 5 to 1 in Europe?

So yeah, I think there is alot of potential market in Europe.
    Actually you know WM is much more popular in Europe than POS, and for example Microsoft messenger more popular than Yahoo/AOL messenger etc. In fact I think USA is much more anti-MS than Europe.

Surur
    Europe, the USA, nor anyone else is going to be wanting Treos if Palm does not get the cobwebs out and produce compelling devices that are at least on par with competitors. Cutting off the antenna and failing to add WiFi in 2006 (maybe 2007) does not reassure me that the folks down at Palm plan to be in the game long. Hopefully the "all new" 750 & GSM/POS sumthin' will be stable and robust enough to do the job.

Is Hawkins even around anymore? If not, I would be worried.
    Patrick Horne
    Quote Originally Posted by Japorms View Post
    Interesting where he points out the different perspectives on the word "geek."
    I think this is a pretty shortsighted article. There are how many millions of people in Europe? I'm sure there is plenty of room for all kinds of devices in the market. Given what it costs, the Treo is never going to be the Razr. It is a niche product not a mass market product. While there may be a segment of European society that finds phones with keyboards "geeky", I'm sure that amongst the 800 million people in Europe, Palm can find enough buyers to make the Treo 750 a success if it is equipped with the right features.
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    Sure that's true of some people but it hardly describes the views of a whole continent
    yeah I thought that was silly too. Its probably more representative of the people Mace hangs out with. Thesame could be said certain people in the US. I remember when I first read that a few days ago . . . I thought it was silly to make such claims . . . then it gets posted on most of the Palm news sites.