Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1.    #1  
    I just came accross this. Doesnt look real to me.

    Wish it was.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. #2  
    That is some bad "photoshop-ing". Of course it's not real. But I would like to have that resolution!
  3. #3  
    of course not... juiceppc over on hofo wishes for this device...but this of course is not a device at all (it was a treo 650 with a SPB pocket plus screen at 240 by 320)
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by phattysalz View Post
    That is some bad "photoshop-ing". Of course it's not real. But I would like to have that resolution!
    real bad, should have made it fuzzy too.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo View Post
    of course not... juiceppc over on hofo wishes for this device...but this of course is not a device at all (it was a treo 650 with a SPB pocket plus screen at 240 by 320)
    I figured it was someone's rendering of an ideal device.
  6. #6  
    Not real. Just real loooong, like that hillarious HP with the QVGA and keyboard a couple of years back. That thing was so long that it needed little luggage wheels and a telescoping handle to lug it around.

    Non sliding keyboards (Treo) force the square screen with short length. HVGA or QVGA (portrait) leaves no (functional) room for a static thumboard. Moto went landscape to deal with it on the Q, but the width limitation, then demanded a very small QVGA. Others are solving the large (adequete) screen (portrait-Samsung & landscape-HTC) issue with sliding keyboards for their smartfones. Although the sliders by nature compromise integrity, durability and most importantly useability.

    Give me a keyboardless Palm OS Treo with HVGA and WiFi and I'll sell the farm. Still waiting of course.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LiveFaith; 09/05/2006 at 12:31 AM. Reason: misspelling
    Patrick Horne
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith View Post
    Not real. Just real loooong, like that hillarious HP with the QVGA and keyboard a couple of years back. That thing was so long that it needed little luggage wheels and a telescoping handle to lug it around.

    Non sliding keyboards (Treo) force the square screen with short length. HVGA or QVGA (portrait) leaves no (functional) room for a static thumboard. Moto went landscape to deal with it on the Q, but the width limitation, then demanded a very small QVGA. Others are solving the large (adequete) screen (portrait-Samsung & landscape-HTC) issue with sliding keyboards for their smartfones. Although the sliders by nature compromise integrity, durability and most importantly useability.

    Give me a keyboardless Palm OS Treo with HVGA and WiFi and I'll sell the farm. Still waiting of course.
    The SE 990i has a portrait QVGA screen and thumb keyboard and isn't that long. Its not impossible.

    Surur
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith View Post
    Give me a keyboardless Palm OS Treo with HVGA and WiFi and I'll sell the farm. Still waiting of course.

    Keyboardless treo? Isnt that like asking for a v6 Corvette? Blastphemy!
  9. #9  
    Yes it is. But I remember folks raising eyebrows when Hawkins & Co touted the "Treo concept" that tossed grafitti and returned to the keyboard monster. The "backlash" caused them to dual launch with or without the keyboard.
    Patrick Horne
  10. jlczl's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    #10  
    i just wish they would make it so the screen slid behind the kb instead of the kb sliding behind the screen a la tungsten t3. that way u could have 320 x 240 when so desired and 240 x 240 when not.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

    Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl View Post
    i just wish they would make it so the screen slid behind the kb instead of the kb sliding behind the screen a la tungsten t3. that way u could have 320 x 240 when so desired and 240 x 240 when not.
    I agree. That is one of the best things I like about the T3
  12. jimn367's Avatar
    Posts
    122 Posts
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith View Post
    Not real. Just real loooong, like that hillarious HP with the QVGA and keyboard a couple of years back. That thing was so long that it needed little luggage wheels and a telescoping handle to lug it around.
    Hey - I had a Hitachi G1000 that resembled that accusation. Call me crazy, but I liked it
  13. #13  
    Ya know, that device was on my mind too, but one albatross was enough. The H1000 was one monsterously featured device when it hit. It was costly and as big as a brick too. How did you feel putting that beast to your ear?
    Patrick Horne
  14. #14  
    haha photochops I made a while back. heh I called it the "Treo 900p Lowlywoodrider" or whatever...hahaha

    http://kardboard.dontexist.com/stuff/Treo900p.jpg
    http://kardboard.dontexist.com/stuff/Treo900p_open.jpg
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange


    Canuck PDA
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    haha photochops I made a while back. heh I called it the "Treo 900p Lowlywoodrider" or whatever...hahaha

    http://kardboard.dontexist.com/stuff/Treo900p.jpg
    http://kardboard.dontexist.com/stuff/Treo900p_open.jpg
    you are truly evil too bad you couldnt get rid of the windows key and the OK key lol
  16. jimn367's Avatar
    Posts
    122 Posts
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith View Post
    Ya know, that device was on my mind too, but one albatross was enough. The H1000 was one monsterously featured device when it hit. It was costly and as big as a brick too. How did you feel putting that beast to your ear?
    Yeah it was big, and it was a little awkward at first... but it wasn't that bad. I really like my Hitachi - the speakerphone was awesome. Better than my landline speakerphone. It had small touches like a bump in the case that propped the G1000 up when you set it on the table and it used the table like a megaphone. The thing was rock solid, and I loved the large screen.

    That's the one thing I don't like about the new PPC phones (6700,...) the screens are so small.

    There were no compromises on the PDA functionality - 400mhz processor, large screen, it was as good as the leading edge ipaq of the time.


    Ther only thing I didn't like on the Hitachi was lack of keyboard backlight. The only reason I got rid of it was poor Sprint coverage in the building where I work.

    If I had my choice between my aged G1000 and the BB7290 they have given me at work the choice would be easy - The G all the way
  17.    #17  
    hey Kardboard, THAT IS MY DREAM MACHINE.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    haha photochops I made a while back. heh I called it the "Treo 900p Lowlywoodrider" or whatever...hahaha

    http://kardboard.dontexist.com/stuff/Treo900p.jpg
    http://kardboard.dontexist.com/stuff/Treo900p_open.jpg

    I'll take two, please and thank you!!
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
  19. #19  
    That 900 is sweeet.
    Patrick Horne
  20. #20  
    I purposely didn't change the Windows and OK keys, and if you look closely, the times on the screen for Faves and the Status Bar are WRONG....hahahahha that was from a T5 promo pic...hahah so funny. Way to go palmOne 2004. haha
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange


    Canuck PDA
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions