Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by finnd View Post
    Verizon has a GPS tracking feature you add onto your phone plan for a certain amount of $$$ a month. I already asked if it was something I could call in at any time and have it enabled and then cancel it the next day. They said no problem. Sorry, I don't recall the name of the plan, but this is what I plan on doing if we ever misplace our phones. And by 'we' I meen my wife. :-)
    And what do you plan to do once you have the longitute and latitute of the phone?
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Well, I'm not thinking that far ahead. :-) Seriously though, my scenario is more that the phone has been misplaced, not stolen. If it was stolen, I would give one of my cop buddies a call. If it was lost, I would go get it myself.
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    I don't think there's much to be done for your phone, unfortunately. Call your provider, get a police report, file an insurance claim (if you have it). Although, there was a website up recently about a lost sidekick that was picked up and not returned, and the site got so much attention (local tv media included) that the police got involved and tracked the girl down (the owner knew right where she lived and everything). soo... you could always try that.. lol
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    not a bad time to think about a program that will remotely brick your treo for cases like this

http://mytreo.net/archives/2006/04/t...on-review.html
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12