1.    #1  
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/894-1.htm

QUOTE:
    "Saying "Yes" to Hands-Free Driving

That headline looks weird out of context. Anyway, this week, Palm became the first (and only) major cell phone manufacturer to support a bill working its way through California legislature, which prohibits automobile drivers from using a wireless phone while operating a vehicle unless the driver is using the device in hands-free mode. Palm believes that the bill responsibly addresses evidence that handheld cell phone use increases the risk of accidents. " End QUOTE

I find this ironic considering they do not include voice dialing software nor do they support voice dialing over BT.

I've seen a study on the TV that most phone related accidents are cause by people dialing on their phones.

This is just too funny
    Voice dialling software reads from the microphone, a quiet shout over the car radio would accomplish the samething a bluetooth implementation would. If the radio wasn't on, a normal talking voice would work... I'm glad they didn't add bulk to Voice Dial by implementing a bluetooth solution...

A lot of states are adopting distraction laws, Massachusetts has had a similar law for quite awhile. I wonder why Palm did this, I don't imagine they get too much publicity out of it...

Problem is you still have to turn on the screen and initiate voicedialing from the phone rather than initiating directly from the headset without ever picking up the phone...it does seem ironic
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    And it's a palm/treo issue, nothing to do with the software from VoiceSignal according to them (Razr's have the same software and it allows initiation via BT)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."