Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone found a real time Fantasy Football or NFL information service that will work for Treo 650 on Sprint?

I've looked at NFL Mobile (now available free to sprint data subscribers), but they don't support the Treo yet and haven't responded to my emails.

Also looked at CBS Sportsline Fantasy Football Companion, but same thing. Doesn't support Treo and they don't respond to emails (terrible help center).

Being able to get current scores & stats in a mobile friendly environment seems like such a no brainer on the Treo. Anyone find anything useful that would help?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    There is a premium SMS option thats pretty cool from 4INFO (www.4info.net).

They send you unlimited amounts of messages for $4 a month - from one player, to your whole roster for injuries, TD's, passing/rushing thresholds, etc.. Apparently, you get the message within 30 seconds of the event happening.

www.4info.net/nfl
    bump...

any more thoughts on this? could really use a solution
    We use CBS Sportsline and I get the web site in fine on the Treo. Also something I do is I have PALM VNC on my Treo and I leave NFL.com on my PC and I can look at my PC screen using VNC. I can look at stats and see who scored. I can watch the game ( THE Football going accross the screen) on my treo . Really cool.Also during the games NFL Network would have all the scores and stats on there channel and if you have Mobi TV or Sprint TV you can watch that. ( I did not check to see if they were doing that this year but will assume they are?)
    Football To Go seems like a good solution. They provide too many details about a game. If you look at Player Stats you know what I mean. This may not be the Fantasy solution you are looking for but ...

Here is the link:
    http://www.mobileimpulses.com/footballtogo/

- Jack
    Football to Go is nice, but desn't show enough information DURING the game about what's happening for my liking. How hard would it be to include stats up to that point, or a scoring summary for games that are still in progress?
    Did you try Pocket Express? They seem to provide in-progress game information. I hate their user interface. I used their solution on a PocketPC device.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Football to Go is nice, but desn't show enough information DURING the game about what's happening for my liking. How hard would it be to include stats up to that point, or a scoring summary for games that are still in progress?
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    pocket express. straight up. everything you need for fantasy. the only few questions are how to save space, etc. i just got it last week. free and yo, it's tight. look for my post later. going to try and ask members for tweaks.
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    Does it push updates to your phone, or do you have to manually update every time you want to see if the score has updated?

Edit: Wait PocketExpress is the same thing as OnDemand preinstalled on the Sprint Treo700p, isn't it? While thats the best thing I've seen so far, I wouldn't say its perfect either. I really wish Sprint would offer a version of their NFL mobile program for the Treo, that seems like it'd be perfect.
    I just go to NFL.com. It comes up with a mobile friendly screen but u have to refresh it constantly. The on mlb.com is superb but has the same limitation.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Does it push updates to your phone, or do you have to manually update every time you want to see if the score has updated?

Edit: Wait PocketExpress is the same thing as OnDemand preinstalled on the Sprint Treo700p, isn't it? While thats the best thing I've seen so far, I wouldn't say its perfect either. I really wish Sprint would offer a version of their NFL mobile program for the Treo, that seems like it'd be perfect.
    manual update. but it's worth it for me. i actually prefer manual update because i like to keep my phone quiet and mem overload free. the update is pretty fast (like 5, 10 seconds except for the first update ever). and it basically updates ALL the games in that category (i.e. if you were in NFL, all the NFL games and player stats are updated). not a bad feature at, not a bad feature at all. so, for example, if you changed games, you dont have to reupdate. all the games will be static.

i think a push feature would kill the phone. it's very comprehensive. weather channel has actual picture doppler. (to see if it's going to snow in New England. take the under!)
    1.04-SPNT
    I don't like PocketExpress all that much, way too many apps bundled into one, when I think theres other things that work better for most of the functions.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    actually, i found something annoying. they dont show who got the touchdown under the game stats! or am i missing something? pls advise...
    1.04-SPNT
    Is it possible you were looking for Bills info - they can't get touchdowns <g,d&r>

Quote Originally Posted by ike301 View Post
    actually, i found something annoying. they dont show who got the touchdown under the game stats! or am i missing something? pls advise...
    Quote Originally Posted by Confused View Post
    Is it possible you were looking for Bills info - they can't get touchdowns <g,d&r>
    BURN!!

Man, nothing like a good round of trashing the Bills!
    You can watch the game on your Treo 700p if you have ORB & a TV Tuner installed on your PC at home.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by Confused View Post

Hey now, they're the closest thing I have to a local NFL team.
    How about watching a game live like tv?
    700wx
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    ya, i'm thikning of getting rid of pocket express. i cant seem to locate anywhere where it displays TOUCHDOWNS, something i think is rather important.

anyways, GREAT rip on the bills. that was funny.
    1.04-SPNT
    Speaking of rips... I got a few to get off my chest with your da#n Giants. I thought that team was supposed to hate the Dodgers. Well you could have helped the Phillies out by knocking the Dodgers out of the playoffs for us that last weekend instead of lying back, pulling the skirt up and letting the Dodgers in (to the playoffs)!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast