1.    #1  
    I had a 6700 and loved it... for a month or two. Then I had to go back to the Treo.

The 700w's puny RAM wasn't enough for me, and Verizon's arrogant prices were a showstopper, so I dismissed it from consideration. It was time to go back to the POS, to Chatter.

Now the wx surfaces. I'm wondering if my gripes with WM were caused by bugs in the 6700 and the 6700's design itself. (The exposed keyboard is a must for me now).

This wx could be the dream WM machine, IF all the WM bugs I experienced were 6700-hardware related (missed alarms, SD card mounting errors, sluggishness after multiple apps open, snail-like NetFront).

Furthermore, there was always Chatter on the POS. Now FlexMail has IMAP IDLE support.

I have no reason to give up my perfectly fine 700p, but I might test the wx for a month or so before the end of the year and will definitely look for other's reviews.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    i can wait to get one to test it as well. Hopefully soon
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post

The 700w's puny RAM wasn't enough for me, and Verizon's arrogant prices were a showstopper, so I dismissed it from consideration. It was time to go back to the POS, to Chatter.

Now the wx surfaces. I'm wondering if my gripes with WM were caused by bugs in the 6700 and the 6700's design itself. (The exposed keyboard is a must for me now).

This wx could be the dream WM machine, IF all the WM bugs I experienced were 6700-hardware related (missed alarms, SD card mounting errors, sluggishness after multiple apps open, snail-like NetFront).

I have no reason to give up my perfectly fine 700p, but I might test the wx for a month or so before the end of the year and will definitely look for other's reviews.
    Sad to say I agree w/ you. The Treo and Palm's phone enhancements are what I am after. I am a staunch POS defender, and I still think it is a good starting point for anyone just getting into Smartphone market. It is just w/ the new EVDO speeds and Sprint prices, it makes multi-tasking a must these days for me. A prime example of this is Orb.com and the overall clunky feel the way it is executed on the 700P. Plus, I just think a new learning curve might be fun to ride on.
    Im also interested but I will wait a while before I decide to jump ship.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho View Post
    Im also interested but I will wait a while before I decide to jump ship.
    I think the 700W folks did most of the bug testing for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    I think the 700W folks did most of the bug testing for us.
    That's what I thought about the 650, but the 700p still has a few glaring bugs it seems.

But, yes, it would seem that there is a possibility that they get it right this time on the 700wx, and I certainly hope they do. It could be a turning point...
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    That's what I thought about the 650, but the 700p still has a few glaring bugs it seems.
    That is kinda an unfair comparison don't you think? I mean several things changed in the process: streaming wmv via embedded Kinoma, embedded pTunes, EVDO, etc. You see what I mean? I mean really the only thing being upgraded is memory in the 700W - 700WX transition.

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    But, yes, it would seem that there is a possibility that they get it right this time on the 700wx, and I certainly hope they do. It could be a turning point...
    I would bet.
    Last edited by NRG; 08/29/2006 at 12:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    That is kinda an unfair comparison don't you think? I mean several things changed in the process: streaming wmv via embedded Kinoma, embedded pTunes, EVDO, etc. You see what I mean? I mean really the only thing being upgraded is memory in the 700W - 700WX transition.

I would bet.
    I think I will still wait a bit ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve