Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    just what the title says, my little sister was messing around with some superglue and spilled a bunch on the screen of my 650. i have gotten the majority off. just asking if anyone knows the best and most unharmful way of getting the glue off. i have used acetone and non acetone based chemicals. neither of which has done any kind of physical or functional damage to the screen. the screen actually hasnt looked cleaner in a long time.
    any advive, feedback, or comments (well at least not the obvious ones) are welcome. thanks and any help is always much appreciated.

- swazey
    Depending on her age, I would consider the final clean up to include her tongue
    L O L !!!
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    That really sucks...I think you've done everything you could. Keep the kiddies away from the Treo's
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Too bad there was no screen protector on the screen. You could have just peeled it off.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    Too bad there was no screen protector on the screen. You could have just peeled it off.
    Yeah, if kids are going to around the treo, it should have a screen protector on it, because cleaning stuff off a treo isn't my idea of fun
    garinballbarin
    Worst case scenario - a new screen purchased off eBay is about $50.
    I don't believe that superglue would "stick" around on a screen for too long.

Considering that the screen has been used normally, it would have a layer of oil transferred from the fingers etc... Besides, the screen is not porus. Just wait a few weeks and with normal use the superglue will probably scrape off (WITH A FINGER NAIL or cloth).

In case you tried to wipe the glue as soon as it was spilt and smudged it all over the screen, it could take a while longer, maybe.
    this is just another example of why my first "mod" to my phones is always a screen protector.
    While I've haven't had super glue on the screen, I did have a few ugly scratches. I went to a Sprint store and they replaced the screen for $50, I think. My have been a bit more, but they did it in :40.

Good luck!
    That is F@!$%#%. I don't use any type of protection on my screen and never have. Knock on wood, I haven't had any scratches or any related issues with my screen. I keep my treo in my horizontal case on my belt totally protected and the rest is in my hands.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    I don't use any type of protection on my screen and never have.
    Ditto. Never had a problem with scratches or damage on any of the Palm/Treo devices I've had & used extensively over the last 9 years. I have seen other people struggling to accurately use (or even read) their touch screen through their gunked up screen protector...one or two were simply amazed at how much better their Palm/Treo was when I persuaded them to take the damn thing off! (Oh, and mine often gets carried in my jeans pocket with my keys).
    I always use screen protectors on my 650 from day 1. I know the second I do not have one on there, something will happen to the screen... LOL. It's over a year old and the screen is flawless. I plan on keeping it that way.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    so its been a few weeks now and the superglue is completely off. it took some time and was a huge pain in the *** but now its all gone. i just scraped and rubbed it all off little by little. i guess the moral of the story is to use a screen protector. i just never thought that superglue would spill on the screen.
    if this ever happens to anyone the best way to get superglue off your screen would be to use an acetone base chemical such as a nail polish remover. it takes some time, but all the spuerglue will eventually come off.