Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Anyone know if you absolutely have to get a data plan with the palm 700p or 700w? i would really appreciate it if you could let me know anything you know. i had a treo 650, got rid of it and now miss it so am going to get the 700 (not sure if i want the 700p or 700w). i had data on the 650 but would like if possible to eliminate it as i only used it for email and even that was seldom. if i choosed to not get dats i know verizon will warn me of the potential overages etc.. how can i avoid that/ is there a way to turn off dats so it cant even go online? any help would be great!!!!
    Of course you can get it without data. I couldn't have a smartphone without data though - there's so many more uses when you have data. You can get the 700w and get the wifi card to have data w/ hotspots. I know you can just get rid of the data profile in your connection settiong with WM5. I don't remember how to delete your connection profile on Palm so it doesn't connect by accident.
    Sprint has a setting to turn off all data, I just saw it recently when looking at my account information online using my phone. I would call Verizon and see if they have the same option to restrict data access via an account setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    Sprint has a setting to turn off all data, I just saw it recently when looking at my account information online using my phone. I would call Verizon and see if they have the same option to restrict data access via an account setting.
    I got a datablock placed on my Verizon Treo 700p a couple weeks ago!!! I don't do the Data Internet thing...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!