1.    #1  
    I would like to get a plan for three phones. I am looking for plans that conver North America.

Also, can I get a Verizon or Sprint plan if I live in Canada. I am think that if these plans are cheaper and can call all of North America, then they would be a good idea to buy and use in Toronto, Canada.

What do the gurus think??? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rdambros View Post
    Also, can I get a Verizon or Sprint plan if I live in Canada. I am think that if these plans are cheaper and can call all of North America, then they would be a good idea to buy and use in Toronto, Canada.
    Verizon Wireless offers:
    For Voice: North America Choice Calling Plan starting at $59.99 with 450 Anytime minutes http://mobileoptions.vzw.com/interna...ing_plans.html
    For Data: $64.99 'Unlimited' Monthly Access Plan including Canada and USA http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/b...ngCoverage.jsp

I'm not sure though if you can get these since you're not an American resident as usually you'll need some kind of proof of residency.

Someone can fill in the info for Sprint.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Also a Canadian tired of being *%#@~'d by our carrier's exhorbitant data plans

Assuming I had a willing American friend and got a Sprint or other North American plan, would the 95%+ useage in Canada not result in whichever carrier pulling the plug ?

Anybody doing it successfully ?
    Spring has the policy that if you use more roaming minute than the minutes that's given in your plan every month, they will kick you out of the contract.

You get to keep the phone though.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    So you got kicked out from Sprint?

Hopefully it's not the same way for the Verizon plans. At least I didn't read any fine print that requires the majority of the usage to be in USA.
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
  6.    #6  
    Verizon says that the free North American calling is from your "Calling Area". That might limit the availability to travel with the phone. I am trying to get an answer from them as we speak (or should I say post).
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rdambros View Post
    Verizon says that the free North American calling is from your "Calling Area". That might limit the availability to travel with the phone. I am trying to get an answer from them as we speak (or should I say post).
    This would be sucky.