Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Treo Nitro(palm os)

17 44.74%
  • Treo Lennon(windows mobile)

21 55.26%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Whats up? I was wondering when the new Treo comes out for Cingular which one should I get, I am leaning more towards the Palm os rather than Windows....let me know what you guys think.

Thanks, Carlos
    WM5. Only because I need full OTA sync to Exchange Server. I fear this is more common than Palm realizes and that it will doom PalmOS. If PalmOS offered the same functionality - full push, full OTA sync, I'd be with PalmOS.
    If you go WM, you won't be 'stuck' with Palm. It is a good chance that there will come to be more and more choices with WM.
    Just call me Berd.
    I currently own a 650 and I think Palm OS is just outdated. My next GSM treo is going to be the WM treo for sure.
    Last edited by Pantherer; 08/22/2006 at 11:48 PM.
    My next smartphone MUST support simultaneous voice and data, and multitasking. So unless Palm shocks the world by releasing the Nitro with ALP or Cobalt, that means I am going to have to go with the WM Lennon. The Palm OS ***IS*** outdated, and unless it has some unexpected updates and improvements for Nitro, I'm going to have to go WM despite the annoying lower screen resolution.
    the screen resoltion is the decider.
    I want a Palm Lennon Damn it!
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    POS. Windows resolution, investment in software & (especially) procedures. Multitasking would be nice, but I don't need it now. My next purchase will probably be my last V5 POS device (barring accidents!) I suspect - there's bound to be something I come across in the next year or so that it won't do that I do need.
    I'd settle for a Mac.Cartney
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Is every thread here going to end up talking about Apples?
    Lenon, need wifi. Tired of POS.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevich
    Tired of POS.
    POS was released in 1996, but Windows has been around since way back in 1985. Guess you must be exhausted with Windows then!
    I am WM5 all the way. My only decision now is between the 750 and the 8525.
    Somebody told me Mikes Hard Beverage has a new Green Apple flavor.
    Is that true?
    Just call me Berd.
    I guess I'm going against the grain here, but I'm all for a new Palm OS Treo. I think the platform still has legs, so I'm sticking with it. Besides, how does buying a device now "close doors" in the future? It's not like you're going to take your POS/WM license with you to a new device.
    Although I enjoyed the PalmOS with my 600 and 650, my Qtek S200 with WM5.0 has a lot of power..

my vote was to WM..(but i like both)
    If you choose wm, you don't have to limit yourself to treo.
    Will the WM5 have the same lame screen resolution as my 600? Or worse? I can't take the weak resolution (and the orange dot) much longer!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInDiego View Post
    Will the WM5 have the same lame screen resolution as my 600? Or worse? I can't take the weak resolution (and the orange dot) much longer!
    Its exactly halfway between the 600 and 650. You would go from 160 to 240, instead of 160 to 320 pixels horizontally or vertically.

Surur
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Japorms View Post
    If you choose wm, you don't have to limit yourself to treo.
    You do in this poll though!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast