View Poll Results: Treo Lennon or Nitro

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Treo Nitro(palm os)

17 44.74%
  • Treo Lennon(windows mobile)

21 55.26%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You guys do know that the Treo 680(nitro) won't have HSDPA, it's EDGE with Palm OS. Only the 750 will have UMTS/HSDPA.
    That is why I am going with the 750. No more POS for me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbmc View Post
    You guys do know that the Treo 680(nitro) won't have HSDPA, it's EDGE with Palm OS. Only the 750 will have UMTS/HSDPA.
    it isnt 100% final, but yeah the Lennon is supposed to have HSDPA
    It occurs to me that the Treo Nitro is not a sustainable model, unless you want to push all of your high-end (no UMTS/HSDPA) and mid-range (VGA camera!) users to Windows Mobile. Just look at the result of the poll on a predominantly POS website.

I therefore contend that any updates OS POS ALP model will come to the GSM Treo first, in at most mid-year 2007. What do people think?

Surur
    While I agree that the Nitro isn't a sustainable model for the future of POS, I think it's a great move for Palm as a company. Personally, I don't have the money to drop on a shiny new $600 phone (wish I did, but such is the grad student life), but I have fallen in love with my 600. It's getting a bit long in the tooth, and I'd love to have a better screen. To me, the Nitro is the perfect device (not a WM fan at all after the crap it's given me with our GPS units). And I'm sure it'll be the perfect device for a large number of people.

Hopefully, it'll bring people into the POS fold so that when Palm expands their POS/ALP offerings, they'll be hooked. I know I am already.
    I'm also a Treo 600 owner. Pricing will probably be what decides it for me. If I can justify the 750 gsm on WM5 I will go that way but if it works out too expensive I'll buy the Nitro which will be cheaper but still a big improvement on my 600.

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo View Post
    it isnt 100% final, but yeah the Lennon is supposed to have HSDPA
    Nope, it's final. We're almost done testing the 750. The 680 should be out later this year or early next year.
    What kind of memory expansion slot has both of them got?

Surur
    Nope, it's final. We're almost done testing the 750.
    OK, I'll bite. Who is 'we'?
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol View Post
    OK, I'll bite. Who is 'we'?
    Cingular!
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    What kind of memory expansion slot has both of them got?

Surur
    As far as I know, it should still be an SD slot.
    Nope, it's final. We're almost done testing the 750. The 680 should be out later this year or early next year.
    oooooo goodie goodie

Now i have to wait and see if wifi is yay or nay...and of course wait for the factory unlocked one to be sold

EDIT: Side bar question; Okay one thing that i know palm does awesome in is their implementation of the "phone" Treos (POS) are phones first, then pdas...whereas WM are pdas first with phone second

I have noticed the difference between my 650 and my Qtek S200...now for those who had a 700w, and to you who's testing it lol...does palm's implementation of their phone app into their WM devices stay on par with the ones found on the 650 and to a lesser extent the 600
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Big
    Will the 750 have wifi?
    Thanks?
    So is the 680 in testing? And idea on pricing?
    I gotta believe the Lennon will have wifi. If the SD slot is on the side and slides in (hidden) SD wifi cards wouldn't fit since they're slightly longer than regular SD cards right?
    So it would either not support Wifi at all (would seem strange since the 700w(x) supports SD wifi cards) or it's built in...unless I missed something
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12