Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The 700 series were made only because of Ev-DO. I guess you could argue the 700w was made for a WM5 release also, but for the most part, the whole point of the 700 series is the next generation of high speed data access. In the case of the 700p and 700w/wx, it's Ev-DO. With the 750v (or whatever new GSM Treo is coming out), it's UMTS (or maybe it supports HSDPA even? I don't remember). Now, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $PalmOS$ $can$'$t$ $handle$ $UMTS$, $which$ $is$ $why$ $we$ $haven$'$t$ $seen$ $a$ $next$ $gen$ $PalmOS$ $GSM$ $Treo$. $As$ $we$ $can$ $see$ $with$ $the$ $Nitro$, $there$ $isn$'$t$ $much$ $a$ $big$ $difference$ $between$ $it$ $and$ $the$ $650$ ($as$ $far$ $as$ $function$ $goes$).
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante
    The 700 series were made only because of Ev-DO. I guess you could argue the 700w was made for a WM5 release also, but for the most part, the whole point of the 700 series is the next generation of high speed data access. In the case of the 700p and 700w/wx, it's Ev-DO. With the 750v (or whatever new GSM Treo is coming out), it's UMTS (or maybe it supports HSDPA even? I don't remember). Now, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $PalmOS$ $can$'$t$ $handle$ $UMTS$, $which$ $is$ $why$ $we$ $haven$'$t$ $seen$ $a$ $next$ $gen$ $PalmOS$ $GSM$ $Treo$. $As$ $we$ $can$ $see$ $with$ $the$ $Nitro$, $there$ $isn$'$t$ $much$ $a$ $big$ $difference$ $between$ $it$ $and$ $the$ $650$ ($as$ $far$ $as$ $function$ $goes$).
    The new GSM PalmOS Treo supposed to have a 0.3mp camera only. If it has UMTS, it's about as fast as EVDO. It should have a lower number than 700, maybe 690px or something. But Palm probably will call it a 700p/700v.
    I really want to get my hands on a new GSM WM5 treo since the 700w came out on Verizon. C'mon Palm, annouce this already.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    The new GSM PalmOS Treo supposed to have a 0.3mp camera only. If it has UMTS, it's about as fast as EVDO. It should have a lower number than 700, maybe 690px or something. But Palm probably will call it a 700p/700v.
    I'm pretty sure the new GSM PalmOS Treo only has EDGE, like the 650.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12