Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Would be nice if you identified if the show was new or a repeat.

5-way doesn't move up or down the menus when open. Left to right works fine.

Would be nice if a smaller font option were available.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I know you were requesting feedback from treo owners on this thread but I wanted to add that it works great on my Cingular 8125. It would be nice to add a zoom feature to make it easier to read since the default view has pretty small fonts. I can read it fine but I'm sure some may have trouble with it.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  3.    #23  
    ANNOUNCEMENT

Dear board members,
    Thank you for testing UGuide - Beta.

We have a newer version of UGuide available. To download the application, go to the same site: www.uguidetv.com

What is new?

If you did not notice any problem, then don't worry about it. But if you did, then the newer version fixes the following problems reported by current users:
    - Fix registration problem for certain zipcodes that had only satellite lineup
    - Fix problem in TV Grid/List with incorrect time offset due to phone settings
    - Fix problem of fewer than normal channels for some lineups
    - WMCE Client does not display duplicate RR items

How does this affect my current UGuide?
    If none of the isses above affect you, your existing version of UGuide will function as usual so you will not be affected. Otherwise, please visit: www.uguidetv.com
    to get the latest version.

As usual, if you have any comments/questions, please contact me or post a question in www.uguidetv.com/forums.
    Thank you.

Sincerely,

Steve V.
    feedback@uguidetv.com

Gist Communications Inc.
    www.uguidetv.com
    Any word on a Palm product to match the WM program?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Steve,

Well, on my Verizon Treo 700p, you are still batting 1000. The link on the web site for Treo Users takes me to a web page (webmail at earthlink.net) that is not available. Trying to download from the SMS message locks up, and then re-sets the Treo. Downloading Uguide.prc and then installing it seems to work, but when I click on the icon to install, it re-sets my Treo.

Something basically wrong.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Any word on a Palm product to match the WM program?
    Huh?

http://www.uguidetv.com/treousers.html
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    When I open this program (and also Houl4cast, the only two java progams I use) I first get a screen "User Permision Check" aksing if the program can use airtime. Is there any way to turn off this screen? I checked in JAVA but there was not an option that I could find for this.
    Laissez Faire
  8.    #28  
    Dear prubin

This should be a device/phone specific setting. If it's treo, usually it's asked only once when the program is started. I myself have not found a way to turn it off permanently. Does anybody know how to do this?
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhboyd View Post
    Steve,
    Well, on my Verizon Treo 700p, you are still batting 1000. The link on the web site for Treo Users takes me to a web page (webmail at earthlink.net) that is not available. Trying to download from the SMS message locks up, and then re-sets the Treo. Downloading Uguide.prc and then installing it seems to work, but when I click on the icon to install, it re-sets my Treo.
    John
    John.

The sms message was supposed to be for regular phone because the version it sends is a jad/jar file (not prc). We also found out from our sms service provider that treo has problem receiving binary sms (wap push).

I tried all the links you mentioned and did not find any problem.
    Can you explain to me your problem described in your last sentence? I do not encounter the same problem so I am trying to recreate it here.

Thanks.

Steve.
    Quote Originally Posted by gistqateam View Post
    Dear prubin

This should be a device/phone specific setting. If it's treo, usually it's asked only once when the program is started. I myself have not found a way to turn it off permanently. Does anybody know how to do this?
    There's a j9secpol.prc file floating around (I think that's the name) that turns off the warning message the first time you access the internet with a java app (or at least certain ones).

Kmaps never asks me but Opera and Uguide do on the first request (but none after)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Does anyne have the link for j9secpol.prc
    Laissez Faire
    John.

The sms message was supposed to be for regular phone because the version it sends is a jad/jar file (not prc). We also found out from our sms service provider that treo has problem receiving binary sms (wap push).

I tried all the links you mentioned and did not find any problem.
    Can you explain to me your problem described in your last sentence? I do not encounter the same problem so I am trying to recreate it here.

Thanks.

Steve.

When I install the prc file via HotSync, and then touch the Icon with my stylus, it doesn't install the program. It re-sets the phone.
  13.    #33  
    John, do you have the correct Java installed? (The information is here: http://www.uguidetv.com/treousers.html.

Please let me know.
    John, do you have the correct Java installed? (The information is here: http://www.uguidetv.com/treousers.html.

Please let me know.
    Yes, downloaded directly from the Palm website
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Does anyne have the link for j9secpol.prc
    The first post in this thread has the file you need.
    Make April 15th just another day. Fairtax
    Quote Originally Posted by oclv_9900 View Post
    The first post in this thread has the file you need.
    Thanks.
    Laissez Faire
    Uguide is no longer working for me. When I try to login or register, it asks for my phone number and then gives me an error message. I deleted and reinstalled, but the same proboem persists. Java is working correctly, since Hourly Xcast still works. I wrote the company but have not received an answer. Any suggestions? anybody else having trouble?
    Laissez Faire
    just one comment - if there's any way your developer team could create a version of this app that does NOT require J2ME, that would make things much better for advanced device users. I know that I don't want to install that Java stuff on my 700wx, and most users are leery of that install process.

My point is that you'll get more users if you'll run a native Palm OS app and a native Windows Mobile app. Point your dev guys to AppForge - they have a coding environment that allows code to be written ONCE (in .Net) and then compiled and deployed across ANY mobile platform - Palm OS, WM, even RIM. www.appforge.com - may be worth looking into.
    This is pretty cool. I just installed it on my treo 650 and was kinda going through it and I can acually get a chance to see what's on when I'm out. I like the fact that I an check any time and channel and it has a reminder. I have an unlimited data plan so it's cool. I see it drains my Treo any by just logging off. Much Kudos to the creator
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12