1.    #1  
    PLEASE HELP…

My Treo 650 has started to act so weird today and because of that I cannot have my phone staying ‘on’!

It started all of a sudden that phone turns off. To my observation, after I turn the phone on, it remains on a few seconds that I notice wireless usage icon comes up as if it is connected to internet. In a few second the whole system turns off and goes to reset.

While the phone is on, I tested to see if I was able to make and receive calls. It works okay. It allows me to talk as long as I want.

Once again… when the phone is on and idle, it turns itself off by somehow making it look like wireless connection is active and shutting the whole thing off to reset! I cant think of an effecting thing as a result of something I did recently because, I did not install any application or change any setting for sometime.

I don’t know what to do!

MANY THANKS in advance. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by izmir
    PLEASE HELP…

My Treo 650 has started to act so weird today and because of that I cannot have my phone staying ‘on’!

It started all of a sudden that phone turns off. To my observation, after I turn the phone on, it remains on a few seconds that I notice wireless usage icon comes up as if it is connected to internet. In a few second the whole system turns off and goes to reset.

While the phone is on, I tested to see if I was able to make and receive calls. It works okay. It allows me to talk as long as I want.

Once again… when the phone is on and idle, it turns itself off by somehow making it look like wireless connection is active and shutting the whole thing off to reset! I cant think of an effecting thing as a result of something I did recently because, I did not install any application or change any setting for sometime.

I don’t know what to do!

MANY THANKS in advance. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
    What kinda software do have installed? Also have you tried a warm reset?
  3.    #3  
    It is got typical things on it. The last thing I installed was TCPMP for video viewing but that was 3 weeks ago. If I had this problem right after that, it would be my first and possibly the only suspect. Everything has been working perfectly since installed that 3 weeks ago.

Also, I did both soft and hard reset and same thing keeps happening!

Thanks for your interest.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    If you've done hard reset and this still happens w/o any software re-loaded back on, your 650 may be demon possesed... I mean it warrants a repair or a replacement.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  5.    #5  
    I wanted to put a brief update about it..

Maybe it was a demon possessed in my Treo, but so interesting that as the problem persisted all the time on the same day I posted here my question and I was so much convinced to send my phone to Palm for checkup/repair, it 'for now' has stopped the next day.

I am utterly puzzled that how such thing can happen over and over again constanly in one day and act completely different (going back to normal) the next!

Rightnow, I am just wishing that I never experience this again. Otherwise not I will be losing my phone, I guess will be losing my sanity too.
    Is it a Cingular 650?
    It could be a loose SIM card if this is a GSM phone. Please search here for many posts on this.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by izmir
    It is got typical things on it. The last thing I installed was TCPMP for video viewing but that was 3 weeks ago. If I had this problem right after that, it would be my first and possibly the only suspect. Everything has been working perfectly since installed that 3 weeks ago.

Also, I did both soft and hard reset and same thing keeps happening!

Thanks for your interest.
    Uninstall and reinstall TCPMP.
    at&t iPhone3G
  9.    #9  
    I forgot to post an update about that. Just remembered all the sudden.

How amazing and scarringly such a character this device is. My Treo turned to normal the next day! So weird. And, it has been working fine since then.

I could not use it one full day and had the same cycle over and over again, next day it started to live its life like nothing happened! At least I cannot explain.