1.    #1  
    After reading some positive reviews on Chattermail & EmailTreo I've decided to give it a whirl. Only problem is when I try to setup my EmailTreo account from my 700 it gives me the following:

"Your phone could not connect to the data network; perhaps you signal is poor or you are roaming. Please try again later."

I have full data connectivity and full service in my apartment right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Sounds like a phone/carrier problem to me. First things first = soft reset. This will disconnect you from the tower and then reconnect you. If accidently you've been roaming, in theory this will connect you back to your home carrier.

Try a web browse or two. Visit treo.tc. This will tell you whether data connections are otherwise fine. If you've got success, try the Chatter setup again. I haven't signed up for the emailtreo account but Chatter is pretty good at having all of the variables pre-installed in the software.

The mysteries of figuring out if you're actually roaming or not are beyond me. I just know that T-Mobile controls my life.
  3.    #3  
    I got it fixed. The problem was that I needed to configure an email account first.