Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    All I can say (and know) is the 890 will have built in GPS and some kind of mapping feature.
    Will it have an antenna?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Will it have monkeys flying out if it's ****?

just kidding
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske

just kidding
    No, wait. Seriously. Will it?
    Quote Originally Posted by jkimcpa
    All I can say (and know) is the 890 will have built in GPS and some kind of mapping feature.
    Is that you, Slinky?

just kidding
    What an informative thread.
    Patrick Horne
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith
    What an informative thread.
    Yeah, threads like this really p1ss me off!
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig
    Yeah, threads like this really p1ss me off!
    Then don't read them
    Interestingly, the age of GPS PDA's may be over by the time Palm brings anything to the table. As GPS chipsets become cheap enough to include in handhelds, they are also now becoming a cheap-enough option to include directly in cars, or to buy as an add-on. Stand-alone removable dedicated devices are now going for $400, and built-in car options with larger screens are now getting cheap enough to feature as cheap options for mid-range cars, along with the metallic paint.

In two years, when this GPS device arrives, most of us wont need them anymore.

Surur
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Shouldn't people search for existing made up speculation before posting the stuff they've made up??
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk
    Shouldn't people search for existing made up speculation before posting the stuff they've made up??

just kidding

No but it might involve a pregnant pony and a rotten banana...

http://www.lucasmiller.net/Graphics/...gnant-pony.gif

Quote Originally Posted by jkimcpa
    I've also seen a new Treo coming out in the future. It's called the Treo 9000WPRX

It comes with a 1600x1200 res. screen, 32GB of execution memory and 1TB of storage memory. It's got a CDMA radio w/ support for EVDO rev. A and 0. It also has a quad band GSM radio that supports EDGE, UMTS, HSPDA. It has a bluetooth 3.0 radio and Wifi supporting 802.11a/b/g/n. It sports dual SDHC/IO slots. It even has a built in USB2.0 controller chip so you can connect external hard drives and peripherals like keyboards and mice to it.

Battery life is an incredible 5 minutes w/ the included 30,000mAh battery.

Price is TBA.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    that's nonsense. the battery life was slated as a qualified TEN minutes. and there's no 30,000 maH battery - its a 4 pound fuelcell. holy cats, how the story gets twisted every time!!!
    I gotta have more cowbell
    lol. Hey I got my info. from a very qualified / "trusted" source.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Interestingly, the age of GPS PDA's may be over by the time Palm brings anything to the table. As GPS chipsets become cheap enough to include in handhelds, they are also now becoming a cheap-enough option to include directly in cars, or to buy as an add-on. Stand-alone removable dedicated devices are now going for $400, and built-in car options with larger screens are now getting cheap enough to feature as cheap options for mid-range cars, along with the metallic paint.

In two years, when this GPS device arrives, most of us wont need them anymore.
    Those of us who occasionally need directions after we leave the car might disagree!

In fact, I'd like to see a big expansion of location-based services. For starters how about Vindigo that integrates with GPS and your navigation software? Want to find an ATM/restaurant/shop etc? Search in Vindigo or similar (which knows exactly where you are) and it will navigate you there by car and/or on foot as appropriate. I know some of the carriers (Orange anyway) provide something like this already but as I understand it the location information from mobile phone towers isn't good enough for exact positioning or turn-by-turn directions.
    Last edited by marcol; 08/13/2006 at 04:35 AM.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    ...they are also now becoming a cheap-enough option to include directly in cars
    They have been for a while, but why would a car manufacturer stick them in as standard when they can charge you 1,500 as an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk
    They have been for a while, but why would a car manufacturer stick them in as standard when they can charge you 1,500 as an option.
    (Hopefully) a little thing called competition. It still exists in the car space, especially with cheap Asian cars. If they can do a cheap option for say 200, the rest will be forced to follow.

Surur
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast