Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    If you can't buy it then it effectively doesn't exist.
    That sounds like a silly argument...according to this logic, no product exists until it's commericially available to consumers then....the 700p never existed until it all of a suddent just popped up on Palm, Sprint, and Verizon's websites. All those pre-release pictures, rumors, and articles were just co-incidental.

Just because you can't buy it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Obviously, companies have to tell people about products before they're released so people will actually be interested in the product and buy it as soon as it comes out. If Palm all of a sudden released a Treo with PalmOS Cobalt, wifi, 256MB of RAM, GPS, BT 2.0, and never told anyone before it was released, do you think it would sell as well as if they did tell them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante
    If Palm all of a sudden released a Treo with PalmOS Cobalt, wifi, 256MB of RAM, GPS, BT 2.0, and never told anyone before it was released, do you think it would sell as well as if they did tell them?
    You missed the point...Can I by it today...NO?

Well I guess it doesn't exist.
    What is this 750 you guys speak of? Is it that rumored / leaked antenna-less, BB-esque Treo they have plastered all over the rumor sites?
    If you can see the spy photos taken with really aweful camera, it exist. It's a matter of release date. The crappier the picture, the more real it is.
    I have a problem, I need a solution... I cannot solve it with the 750!

What if the 750 is released in Nov. and a week before rumors and blurry pictures start spreading of an 800, would it be stupid to but a 750?
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ertony
    750 does exist. There has already been oficial postings all over the internet regarding it's release in Europe (750v). Go educate yourself before posting ignorant comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by ertony
    This INCLUDES the Vodafone website.
    When exactly did "go educate yourself" become synonymous with "lie through your teeth?" This guy provides no links to these "official postings" because they don't exist.

Google "Treo 750" and you get a whopping 3 results, all of which are rumors in reference to the blurry pics from that Asian BB that have been floating around for a couple of weeks. After those 3 results, Google politely suggests that the user remove his head from his posterior and try a meaningful search string, like "treo 700."

Similarly, the Vodafone web site has no mention of a 750; in fact, they don't have any Treos in their current lineup or "coming soon" list:
    Current lineup - http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/See-All-P...hly-Phones.htm
    Coming soon - http://www.vodafone-emailme.co.uk/vf...2-06-2006-H013

So the only remaining question is whether ertony and his 6 whole posts (all pushing the same vaporware) is a troll just for the fun of it, or a paid buzz-marketing troll.

Back to the OP's question, I'll take neither and stick with my 650. Besides, Vodafone's coverage is teH suXXor here in the Mid-Atlantic US!
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Quote Originally Posted by kvcobra
    Similarly, the Vodafone web site has no mention of a 750; in fact, they don't have any Treos in their current lineup or "coming soon" list:
    Current lineup - http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/See-All-P...hly-Phones.htm
    Coming soon - http://www.vodafone-emailme.co.uk/vf...2-06-2006-H013
    That's true. But they do have this 'Palm® Treo™ smartphone – coming soon' page:

http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatc...nt_Id=VF004404
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol
    That's true. But they do have this 'Palm® Treo™ smartphone – coming soon' page:

http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatc...nt_Id=VF004404
    Fair enough. Then again, no model number is stated, the feature list is vague enough that it could apply to the 700w (except of course for the Vodafone branding), no release date is listed, there's no indication it will be available for consumer accounts, etc. In short, it's hardly the official posting of the 750v's release that ertony claims it is.

I don't mean to dispute whether a new Treo called the 750-something-or-other is coming to Vodafone or any other carrier; I have no inside information and personally don't care since (assuming the rumors are all accurate) I don't live in Europe and don't care for WM5. But I do take exception when someone joins TC for the sole purpose of misrepresenting rumor as fact and claiming those who don't buy his snake oil are somehow "ignorant."
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Not to **** into the argument, but to call the Treo 75-0 "vaporware" is pretty silly I think. True, if you have a problem that has to be solved TODAY and IMMEDIATELY, you can't buy a Treo 750. But if you are thinking more long range than that, then it makes sense to consider and speculate about what can reasonably be expected to happen in the future.

I mean, to say that the 750 "doesn't exist" and refuse to consider it, is like sitting in your house at 10pm on a Tuesday night and saying the sun doesn't exist because you don't know if it is going to come up the next morning.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers

I am waiting for the WM5 Treo from Cingular to drop. I have my purchasing rep checking right now to see if she can get any info on a date.
    any date yet of the 750 release with cingular?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    All,

I'm still waiting (and may be forever) for the 700P in Unbranded GSM. Reason? 320x320 screen resolution! I bought the 650 because it has better resolution than the 600 I had before. I can actually watch movies on this thing!

Bill
    I'd Chime in, but I'm too Ignorunt and unejucaded.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnyUser
    any date yet of the 750 release with cingular?
    Cingular is saying 1Q07 with 3G capabilities. If my company did not have a contract with Cingular I would be off like a shot to Verizon. Cingular has no decent new phones and are dragging out forever the launch of the 750.
    1Q07 is sad news. Where did you get that date from?

Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    Cingular is saying 1Q07 with 3G capabilities. If my company did not have a contract with Cingular I would be off like a shot to Verizon. Cingular has no decent new phones and are dragging out forever the launch of the 750.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    it seems to me that the specs are so similar. why would anyone buy a 700P when the 750 is basically the same, smaller etc.

anyone can help?
    How about one is available and the other is not, not to say vaporware? How about one is EVDO and the other is not? How about Sprint data plans are cheaper?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12